FEB incubation experience -JULY update - BLK. ORP & EE *new pics*

It depends on the shell, and experience. I've seen them at day 4, I've never checked before then. I usually wait until 7-10 unless the anticipation gets to me.
big_smile.png

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Wish me Luck !!!

I went out and got our egg and it was still warm so I brought it in and asked my mom and she gave me permission to hatch 1 egg a 50-50 chance. I am so happy and nervous. We have had lone chicks before and they turn into the most sweetest chicks. and you know what.

I AM DUE ON VALENTINES DAY !!!!!

Send CrazyChicken your 100% hatching vibes also needing hen vibes.

All though if we hatch out a lone rooster and it becomes very sweet they may kick Red out and replace him with his sweeter son.

Last edited:
ok, sorry to jump on this post again but,
can you always see he yolk when candling or just when baby chicks are forming inside? i am using a cheep ol' flashlight so i cant quite tell, thanks!
BRI

Quote:
I too am using a cheap flashlight, so I understand. But when you see either the veining or dark area in the egg, you will know it is different from a fresh egg. If you click on the learning center at the top of this page, there are some great pictures of what the eggs look like when candling. I found it very helpful.

Quote:
I too am using a cheap flashlight, so I understand. But when you see either the veining or dark area in the egg, you will know it is different from a fresh egg. If you click on the learning center at the top of this page, there are some great pictures of what the eggs look like when candling. I found it very helpful.

so as long as there is a dark spot in the egg, i should leave them in there? its only day 5 so i have heard sometimes you cant see anything until day 7. especially with a cheap flashlight.
wink.png
???
thanks!
~Bri

Yes, I say leave them there. It was hard to see veining in some of mine on day 7, and I was told to leave them there until day 14. By then it should be very obvious if the chick has grown or not.

I am going to candle again on Wednesday (day 14). My plan is to get or borrow a better flashlight.

Back
Top Bottom