February 2022 Hatch-A-Long

So I am not the only one doing staggered hatches this month! I always tell myself I will not do it again, but here we are!šŸ¤£
My hatch dates are Feb 1, Feb 5, Feb 8, Feb 9 and Feb 16!
What a great mix of breeds you have! Looking forward to seeing the chicks you hatch.šŸ˜Š

I always end up with staggered hatches. Even when I purchase all at the same time. I have at least one or two that don't ship for days/weeks. It always happens.

Did a day 13 candle as I had 2 I wanted to check in on. Still going well with 8/10 and all active. :wootBut, on my 3 smallest they compare more to photos of day 15. Should I possibly lockdown a day or two early? My biggest concern is I cannot see inside without removing the lid and I would hate to open the lid with intent on just moving them around and have a pip and cause a shrink wrap. Has anyone successfully used a wireless camera inside their incubator?

Yes, I've seen several people use cameras in their incubators and it's so fun to watch!

Fantastic! Thank you. I wasn't sure if the humidity would play a factor.

I'm sure there are some cameras that wouldn't handle it as well but many wireless cameras can be used outside as well and they will be fine. I have also seen the snowball/snowman shaped ones used in there and they didn't have issues with the humidity.

Did a day 13 candle as I had 2 I wanted to check in on. Still going well with 8/10 and all active. :wootBut, on my 3 smallest they compare more to photos of day 15. Should I possibly lockdown a day or two early? My biggest concern is I cannot see inside without removing the lid and I would hate to open the lid with intent on just moving them around and have a pip and cause a shrink wrap. Has anyone successfully used a wireless camera inside their incubator?

Outdoor cameras will work the best. They are designed to handle the heat and humidity better than the nanny cam ones will. They make ones the size of a button that could fit into an incubator. I have been looking at getting a few to put in my incubators so I can watch the hatches without opening the incubator.

I found one on Amazon for about 16 dollars so I may get it to try out in my Sportsman. It is ancient. It has a solid door and analog controls. My husband has discussed Getting plexiglass to make a new door, but that has been three years of talk.

Outdoor cameras will work the best. They are designed to handle the heat and humidity better than the nanny cam ones will. They make ones the size of a button that could fit into an incubator. I have been looking at getting a few to put in my incubators so I can watch the hatches without opening the incubator.

I found one on Amazon for about 16 dollars so I may get it to try out in my Sportsman. It is ancient. It has a solid door and analog controls. My husband has discussed Getting plexiglass to make a new door, but that has been three years of talk.
That's the route I took. A cheap one from Amazon with good reviews so I wasn't out to much if it failed. It's a little bigger than a quarter in diameter. Husbands are good for that sometimes. Mine is a general contractor and always has all these fantastic ideas, but getting him to act on them "off the clock" is nearly impossible. šŸ˜‚ Good thing he has taught me a few things, it helps in my times of impatience.

That's the route I took. A cheap one from Amazon with good reviews so I wasn't out to much if it failed. It's a little bigger than a quarter in diameter. Husbands are good for that sometimes. Mine is a general contractor and always has all these fantastic ideas, but getting him to act on them "off the clock" is nearly impossible. šŸ˜‚ Good thing he has taught me a few things, it helps in my times of impatience.
Mine drives OTR. He is gone a ton and usually dead tired when he is home. Unless he gets the chance to go flying.

He is fantastic when he does a build or repair, but it is getting him to do it that is a giant undertaking. If I could do it I would. Just some things I am not capable of doing. I have my skill set. I can do makeshift things, but there are some things that are way beyond my skill set. I will most likely give it a shot in a few more months. Maybe I will get the measurements and make it myself or at least get the piece of plexiglass and get on him to get it done.

Mine drives OTR. He is gone a ton and usually dead tired when he is home. Unless he gets the chance to go flying.

He is fantastic when he does a build or repair, but it is getting him to do it that is a giant undertaking. If I could do it I would. Just some things I am not capable of doing. I have my skill set. I can do makeshift things, but there are some things that are way beyond my skill set. I will most likely give it a shot in a few more months. Maybe I will get the measurements and make it myself or at least get the piece of plexiglass and get on him to get it done.
Completely understandable. OTR drivers are pretty busy unfortunately. Absolutely give it a shot yourself if you feel comfortable, most things are not as overwhelming as they appear. Who knows what kind of fun ideas it could lead you to. šŸ™‚ Worst case scenario, you already have 1 step knocked out by having the plexiglass when he is able to help.

Completely understandable. OTR drivers are pretty busy unfortunately. Absolutely give it a shot yourself if you feel comfortable, most things are not as overwhelming as they appear. Who knows what kind of fun ideas it could lead you to. šŸ™‚ Worst case scenario, you already have 1 step knocked out by having the plexiglass when he is able to help.

See I am cheap. Like I spend as little as I can. I do not like to waste anything so unless I am absolutely positive about doing something I will not do it.

Back
Top Bottom