February 2022 Hatch-A-Long

I have rainbow eggs in the incubator right now! Went in on Monday. Easter eggers, legbars, favorelles, marans, and a few mystery.

6 silkies head in on Friday, and 6 magpie duck.

I take the bar exam on Feb 22-23 so I’m coping with the stress with birds!

Question: how many eggs can you fit in an NR360 if you remove the turner?
Answer: as many eggs as you have, in this case 37!🤣
They will have to be hand turned of course and rotated around so they get evenly distributed by the heat.
They only have to be like this for the first week or so, 6 are going into lockdown tomorrow and will be moved to the hatcher, so officially in the January hatch-along. Others are at different stages of incubation. Got an unexpected order yesterday for some Polkies, the six larger light eggs are from these. Rest are Silkies.😊View attachment 2973414
I love all the Silkie eggs hatching in this lot!
May have to get a cabinet incubator at some point!😊
Yeah, me too. Looking at converting a thermoelectric wine chiller as not much you have to do to it!

View attachment 2972862
We brought home a Muscovy Drake for our two little ladies in early December and collected two eggs around the 20th, to set in the incubator.

These guys hatched last night :)

Funny how quickly a guest bathroom can be turned into a 'temporary nursery' ...
9-12 more Muscovies due to hatch under mamma in about another 10 days <3

We do have 9 Jersey Giants (eBay shipping eggs) in the incubator hatching around February 6th
009CB660-F682-4B8E-9119-171D37DA5CD9.jpeg

I put this American Bresse x Ayam Cemani chick in with the Beebies today to teach them how to eat and drink

I did this with plastic embroidery cards last Fall, zip tied together, worked really well.😊
I would love to see how it looks with the K’nex!
View attachment 2974023
Probably would’ve been easier but had the K’nex on hand and my partner was glad to play with it again (his childhood toy lol). I’ll take a pic in the morning!

Three more days till lockdown!

Back
Top Bottom