February 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Just put my 6/9 cemani eggs into lockdown, crazy how 18 days goes by so fast! One of them isn't as dark internally as the others, but it's still developed, so I'll be watching him closely. Congrats to all the new hatches, and good luck to the current ones!
Yes the first 18 days go fast, but the last three days go really slow…😊

We had some excitement here a few minutes ago. The second Hedamora hatched and was attached to her shell membrane by what appeared to be a blood vessel. It was very thin and translucent, but there was an extremely thin line of blood running down it. She kept struggling away from the shell and was clearly being pulled at right from the closing belly site. I wrapped her up with her shell in a paper towel to prevent her from tearing and bleeding. Finally it dried enough to break without tearing her belly. No sooner than she did, Isbar #3 began unzipping. Whew!

Current count-

Isbar #1 pipped
Isbar #2 in brooder
Isbar #3 unzipping
Hedamora #1 in brooder
Hedamora #2 hatched
Swedish Flower #3 pipped

78C4D814-5083-40FE-840F-6CB87F428CA1.jpeg
797F2D3C-9E54-4C64-879A-40185620404B.jpeg
5AB46A78-F1F9-46B0-9DB6-DBBFCD8CF1F4.jpeg
A0C46985-A9BF-46B4-A438-CF4499D8E1D4.jpeg

well i already have some pips in the shells, but one of them pipped on the bottom and is leaking yolk. i am relatively new to hatching, so is this normal? or should i take it out? i also have a second incubator if i need to isolate some/move them away.View attachment 3005925
Hopefully someone knowledgeable will respond. Hadn't ever seen this.
Did u check emergency threads?

ok update: i moved it to my other incubator because the liquid coming out didn't seem safe for the others, especially because there was a lot. i switched it with the shower running so hopefully i didn't shrink wrap the rest of them 🤞 i don't think the leaky egg is going to hatch at all, but it has its own bator now so i don't have to worry about it exploding on the others.

ok update: i moved it to my other incubator because the liquid coming out didn't seem safe for the others, especially because there was a lot. i switched it with the shower running so hopefully i didn't shrink wrap the rest of them 🤞 i don't think the leaky egg is going to hatch at all, but it has its own bator now so i don't have to worry about it exploding on the others.
That was probably smart. Hopefully you’ll get some other advice or an answer to what it is.

Everybody must be busy today...not many people on.
I got 7 out of 8 in lockdown due Monday from Hawaii. The 4 out of 5 that hatched a week ago from my silkies are getting to stay together and go to a new home tomorrow. I'd rather do that than separate one from the others.
Soon as I find out results from biopsy from surgery earlier in week I will get more eggs to incubate!

Back
Top Bottom