FEBRUARY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put all pics and what I used on my blog check them out.
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=47600-incubator

I have 6 khaki campbell eggs under a broody goose that are due Feb 23 if all goes well....I am also putting 30ish of my own buff orp and buff orp x red star eggs in the bator today.... there also might be a few buff orp x cochin eggs in there too.

I'll join in.. as it sits right now, we will be setting eggs tomorrow (Jan 27) with a hatch date about Feb 17... This is our first hatch and I am sooo excited and nervous.. any suggestions?? These will be RIR, figure about a dozen or so is a good number to start with
smile.png

fl.gif
hoping it goes ok... We need a thermometer and something to keep track of humidity... but we'll get those this weekend... so, I cant wait... I am already
love.gif
at the thought of
jumpy.gif
all over!!!!!

UPDATE: Got to bator set up, running and will set eggs tomorrow. So far, so good
smile.png
fl.gif

anyone else hatching on Feb 17??

Last edited:
Well I guess I'll say here too, I started day 0 on late Jan 24th, so I should be expecting some Easter Egger crosses and NHR's right after Valentine's day. Sooo excited!
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
ya.gif

1/13/2010
.... we have added 12 eggs to the incubator
8 Light Brahma/Barred Rock
4 Light Brahma/Light Brahma

of those candled on 21 January in the evening

6 Light Brahma/Barred Rocks
2 Pure Light Brahma

I dropped and spattered one BR that was developing... so that would have been 9 doing well

3 were infertile, (fed to dogs)

Update recandled last night all seem to be developing well;
except one Large egg, it seems to be slower than the rest.

lockdown Jan 31st
Hatch Date Feb 3rd.....

Speckled Hen, we have the same hatch date! February 11th!!!! It's my first hatch - just got my bator, a HovaBator 1588. Mine are a test batch from my own hens, 4 BOs and 1 like a Red Star, with a Barnvelder x BLRW roo. I put them in late Thursday evening, everything seems to be going fine, but I haven't candled yet - maybe tonight. My fingers and toes are crossed!!!

PandoraTaylor: Brahma/Barred Rocks? I'd love to see the result of that, I once had a BR roo with my light brahmas, but it was the wrong time of year to hatch the eggs. . . Always been curious of the turnout.

when they hatch, they are the beginning of a project to make Columbian Rocks.
so there will be lots of photos......at different ages, so I can get feedback on the ones to keep for the next breeding......in the schedule

Its day 15 for me! Candled and have 17 still going good! only lost 1 since day 5 or so, and I think that was because the power went out 3 times, a couple hours each time in 2 days. Does that mean my homemade bator works!!!?
big_smile.png
It seems like they're running out of room(a couple more than others. Seems the smaller eggs are more cramped for space!?)!! I'm using an old projecter(really bright!!) with a cone looking thing and I swear I can see the fuzz on some of them!! Am I crazy?!! The boyfriend sees it too! These last 2 weeks just flew by! I think I'll have babies before I know it!!
fl.gif
for a BCM Roo!!! Out of 4 in the bator my odds are fairly good right!!? The rest are mutts!!
Happy hatchings!
Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom