February Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I've got two bunches incubating:

7 lovely blue-green eggs from Lavender Fibromelanistic Easter Eggers (7 of 7 shipped eggs show development, woot!) due to hatch in 9 days.

11 mixed breeds of eggs including 3 Ayam Cemani, a couple Marans, a couple Legbar, and others due to hatch in 12 days. This batch was also shipped, PO smashed up 6 of the eggs, 18 set, 11 developing thus far.

Sounds like the post office is a bit to rough so sorry on your eggs getting destroyed. I hope you have a great hatch with the rest of them. It sure sounds promising so far.

Ok, I'm joining! Currently have 39 in the Genesis 1588 for a Valentine's (ish) hatch.
CCL, EE, Splash marans, Barnevelder & Australorp,

Where did you get your Australorp from? Are you breeding them to breed - utility or SQ standards? I'm looking for BA chicks to add to my flock. Looking for breeding/breeder stock, not hatchery lines... I might be interested in shipped hatching eggs later - right now I'm just trying hatching - this is my first time.

Same ? on your CCL. Where/whom did you get them from?

Good luck on your hatches!

Where did you get your Australorp from? Are you breeding them to breed - utility or SQ standards? I'm looking for BA chicks to add to my flock. Looking for breeding/breeder stock, not hatchery lines... I might be interested in shipped hatching eggs later - right now I'm just trying hatching - this is my first time.

Same ? on your CCL. Where/whom did you get them from?

Good luck on your hatches!

Mine (BA & CCL) are hatchery from My Pet Chicken. Not ideal, but they are great layers, healthy and super sweet. With saying that, I'd love to find a breeder close to us I could rely on for birds or eggs too. Especially if it's close enough to do farm pick-up. For now after this hatch we'll be close to coop capacity depending how successful it is, but you know...chicken math ;)

And thanks for the good luck wishes...right back at you! Hatching is addictive lol

My eggs arrived today! They'll be in the incubator tomorrow after a good rest.

Eggs.jpg

My pretty babies!

It was -28 this am when the power went out. My eggs were 7 and 10 days to hatch. Will see if any survive. House got below 50 pretty quick.

Sadness. Time will tell. Got incubators back on now.

Chicks are a week old, had to bring everyone close to fire. Not ideal but they stayed warm enough. Had to cuddle the littlest one. The others did ok.

20190131_071415.jpg

It was -28 this am when the power went out. My eggs were 7 and 10 days to hatch. Will see if any survive. House got below 50 pretty quick.

Sadness. Time will tell. Got incubators back on now.

Chicks are a week old, had to bring everyone close to fire. Not ideal but they stayed warm enough. Had to cuddle the littlest one. The others did ok.

View attachment 1659137
Oh no! Fingers crossed hoping everything works out! This weather lately hasn't been too accommodating, that's for sure

Well, I guess I am joining in as well. I am just collecting eggs and plan to put in around 100 Maran eggs in my Sportsman.
I haven't had great luck in the past with chickens but I am hoping for a good hatch this year.
Can't wait to get chicks again.

Back
Top Bottom