February Hatch-A-Long

Pics
20190201_061817.jpg
look who joined us this morn..... our first turkey of February!
I have 13 more? To hatch this weekend , a batch each of the following 2 weekends...... now to build more brooders.... or find more tubs? Yikes

My eggs arrived today! They'll be in the incubator tomorrow after a good rest. My pretty babies!

WOW, such beautiful eggs! Makes me want some to blow out (& to me that is YUCKY), but they are so pretty.

Can't wait to see what chicks you get. Different varieties of quail, right?

WOW, such beautiful eggs! Makes me want some to blow out (& to me that is YUCKY), but they are so pretty.

Can't wait to see what chicks you get. Different varieties of quail, right?

That's right! All coturnix, but multiple strains of color and size. I saw a couple of jumbo for sure and they were all kinds of textures too.

They went into the incubator yesterday and it's performing beautifully so far. Fingers crossed!

On 1/30/ 2019 I had two pips.
Following suit was the others that began to pip.
First to unzip was at 9:30 pm and hatched at 9:51 pm.
Second one to hatch was at 10:55 pm.
Third was just after midnight 12:06 am. By 1 am I could not hold my eyes open any more and fell asleep. I woke up to 3 more this morning that hatched during the early morning. Last one to hatch was number Egg 7 and the last one to hatch at 10:59 am. Just before I had to run out the door at 11:10 am to pick up my granddaughter as they closed schools due to snow 3 hours early.

My eggs were all purchased and sent to me thru the mail.
I received 8 eggs.
1 was bad and really smelled less then a week in the incubator. I removed it and discarded that egg.
7 remained, all were fertile and hatched.
So I guessing that make it a 99% hatch rate for this shipment of eggs.
I removed the egg shells but left the chicks inside the incubator so they would be dry and warm. It small mini incubator and it did a great job.
Will post pictures soon.

I have chicks hatching soon(serama). And I'm hoping my new serama will go broody soon. Both her and the rooster are really small. I took a peek in the nest today; the eggs look more like pigeon eggs. Since she is small I don't expect her to lay many more eggs.

Good luck to everyone that has or is getting eggs to incubate!

Back
Top Bottom