February Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I might be able to join in again this month, but this time it will be silkies if I get them in time for this hatch-a-long. I do have a question though for any of you that have hatched silkies before. I use a still-air styrofoam incubator. Do I keep the temp and humidity the same way that I do for my larger chicken egg's? I would only be hatching the silkies for this go around, not my larger ones.

I set 9 eggs last night, the little neighbor girl ask me if I would incubate them and I had no choice but to say yes. This is only my second hatch but I’m hoping this one will go as well as my first I had a 100% hatch rate. Five of these are blue and and three are random brown eggs and one is out of my flock. They are set to hatch the 22nd!

I set 9 eggs last night, the little neighbor girl ask me if I would incubate them and I had no choice but to say yes. This is only my second hatch but I’m hoping this one will go as well as my first I had a 100% hatch rate. Five of these are blue and and three are random brown eggs and one is out of my flock. They are set to hatch the 22nd!

I hope you asked her parents if it was ok to hatch her some chicks. Good luck with the hatch. Can wait to follow along.

I hope you asked her parents if it was ok to hatch her some chicks. Good luck with the hatch. Can wait to follow along.
Of course, most of them will be staying with me with one stipulation, if I get an EE hen I have to give one to her lol. I’m hoping for the best

Of course, most of them will be staying with me with one stipulation, if I get an EE hen I have to give one to her lol. I’m hoping for the best

I just hatched 4 EE's and I hope to get at least one also.

I'm not completely up on the lingo here yet, but if EE stands for Easter eggers, you're both luuucky. I love easter eggers, and they're so sweet.

F51989AF-4656-431F-A916-1D584E4C4E44.jpeg I had 1 chick and another egg already externally pip a day early

Back
Top Bottom