February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
Pics
I'm not the biggest silkie fan but those are adorable.

I'm super excited as I have some new eggs hatching at the moment, so far I have only ever incubated ebay eggs and as you know sometimes eggs can be infertile, sometimes they get shaken in the post but this one, I had all 6 make it to lockdown and the first chick hatched 1 hour ago on 19 days and 15 hours. Second one pipping. Fingers crossed for the rest. I want to give this ebay seller more than 5 stars as they clearly look after their birds well but alas I can only leave a few words for feedback.
Congratulations! What are you hatching?😊

six out of fourteen of my eggs hatched on Sunday! We got one white one, but there was a disaster with the water dish. We weren't able to save him :( . The rest are very energetic, they never stop moving! Yay quail! There are now marbles in the water dish so that they cant get in.
Congratulations! 😊
Sorry about the one you lost, though.🙁

Just saw that @LowcoMatt recommended the same articles. 😊
I told you i'm learning ALOT :D

I still see some veining in that egg photo, are you sure it is a goner? Unless it looks like it is just sludge in the egg, you might want to keep it. I have had eggs I was convinced were DIS at lockdown with no movement go on and hatch just fine. 😊

Matt, That egg is not dead, I would expect it may take longer to hatch though.
Thanks for the input, I didn't see movement upon putting into lockdown or the day prior. but I'm having to train myself not to mess with things. LOL and I figured as long as I see veins, it stays until it stinks or seeps goop. still has air cell shrinking, so i'm counting all those good items and will wait till 25-26 days for progress, unless I see something to the contrary.

How long do you all hold your incubator to? ive read 25 days for the late ones.

I just had 1 that was

Thanks for the input, I didn't see movement upon putting into lockdown or the day prior. but I'm having to train myself not to mess with things. LOL and I figured as long as I see veins, it stays until it stinks or seeps goop. still has air cell shrinking, so i'm counting all those good items and will wait till 25-26 days for progress, unless I see something to the contrary.

How long do you all hold your incubator to? ive read 25 days for the late ones

How long do you all hold your incubator to? ive read 25 days for the late ones.
I just had one hatch on day 23 and she's doing well.

Well, I have 2 chicks out: 1 Swedish Flower and one Buff Orp/Swedish Flower cross. I tried to assist the wrong end pipper but it started bleeding so I stopped. I am a little concerned it might be shrink wrapped but I guess it is not ready to hatch yet so I’ll try assisting again in the morning. I have 2 more pips too so hopefully in the morning I’ll have a couple more chicks.

Back
Top Bottom