Feed for Angel Wing

Just curious, but why do you want them to fly? I go out of my way to trim flight feathers so they don't. Or else I find them on the vehicles, on the roof, etc.

I find mine only fly their first year, anyhow, and only the females.
Oh my gosh mine use to fly up on the top of their coops the house roof is way too steep thank goodness but I'd have to get the hose turn the nozzle so it was on blast to get them down.

Just curious, but why do you want them to fly? I go out of my way to trim flight feathers so they don't. Or else I find them on the vehicles, on the roof, etc.

I find mine only fly their first year, anyhow, and only the females.
They'll be contained in a pen once it's built, so I won't have to worry about them flying away or causing damage to cars.

I dunno, it just seems like if they're contained, I should grant them the opportunity to at least have some naturalness in them being able to fly and roost if they'd like to

That I don't know. Might find some info online
found this and it says Drakes are more prone
https://www.metzerfarms.com/angel-wing.html
and interesting the person says it's nutritional more so than genetic. I don't know except I fed 20% protein from hatch on and never had it. But another thing is all my birds but 1 were hatched here and raised by mamas so they are out foraging at a very early age. maybe that has something to do with it too. My only duck [Indian Runner] that came from a hatchery and was raised by me didn't get it though. So I just don't know.
:idunno
My first batch of Mallard derived ones didn't have any issues. Well, my Swedish male has the opposite issue with his wings, but none of my Mallard derived ones are showing any signs. I'm still watching everyone of course, but so far my only two have been muscovy males

I've never had it in ducks but geese. I wouldn't wrap mine cause it was 106 here. Not heat index but actual temp. Geese don't seem to pant like ducks. But flap wings. I was afraid I would kill them by wrapping them so I have geese with angel wing.

I've never had it in ducks but geese. I wouldn't wrap mine cause it was 106 here. Not heat index but actual temp. Geese don't seem to pant like ducks. But flap wings. I was afraid I would kill them by wrapping them so I have geese with angel wing.
We had a member that said her duck had angel wing and she didn't wrap it until the duck had its first molt and when the flight feathers started growing back in she wrapped and it worked Be worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom