Feed sound off, Purina vs Blueseal vs Nutrena

Purina Layena. Nutrena Naturewise layer feed. Blueseal home fresh extra egg.
I don't use a layer feed.
But I do feed Purina Flock Raiser, Start & Grow and Nutrena Naturewise Starter Grower to my Hens with Oyster Shells separately. I buy whichever is fresher or available when I'm at TSC. GC 20190227_112014.jpg

Purina Layena. Nutrena Naturewise layer feed. Blueseal home fresh extra egg.
I don't use a layer feed.
But I do feed Purina Flock Raiser, Start & Grow and Nutrena Naturewise Starter Grower to my Hens with Oyster Shells separately. I buy whichever is fresher or available when I'm at TSC. GCView attachment 1881696
Ok thanks, I used to use blue seal multi-flock and feed oystershell seperate, it was great , big eggs beautiful feathers, etc ....now that I have egglayers (white leghorns) my focus is on giving them best nutrtion and vitamins to support their heAlth and laying.

Also I keep forgetting to mention that this home fresh by nutrena layer crumble has an odd odor to it.... It's not expired or even close to it..... I remember it having an odd odor last time as well.. I just keep forgetting to mention it

Everything is up to snuff with the Nutrena food, it's just their recipe and the way their brand is made, my chickens are starting to eat more of it, but personally I don't like the smell, the looks of it, it's different than any other crumble I've gotten in the past...:confused:....it looks over all real brown and crumbly, like I said I can't make out anything in it, and it's like ground up cardboard , but a deeper brown color, idk?!!

Last edited:
If your chickens, ducks are over 7 weeks old and you have a TSC that you shop at. Give this All-Flock Pellet a try.View attachment 1881412. GC
ETA; Chickens don't like change. I successfully changed my first Flock over to Pellets by mixing it in with Scratch Grains and toss on dry ground for a couple days.
They thought the Pellets were a treat.
I mixed the Pellets with the crumbles 50/50 in the feeder and they eagerly ate the Pellets.
My chicks are 13 weeks old, so I'll check out the TSC!

If I posted the picture correctly this is the one I'm referring to that my chickens don't like.... The one that I say looks like ground up cardboard and you can't make out any corn or anything in it, it's an overall dark brown color all crumbled up.... And when it gets wet it turned spongy... Unlike the others, they turned into gruel.... Blue seal and Layena crumble have a lighter color to it and you can make out the ingredients and it doesn't have a weird odor...

Attachments

• web_egglayercrumble.png
    web_egglayercrumble.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom