Feed Store Finds! What Could They Be???

Quote:
I was speaking to the original poster of the thread but I just read that it is a single comb, so guess i was mistaken
I agree that the top one Is an EE (easter egger) the bottom one I dont know about.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was speaking to the original poster of the thread but I just read that it is a single comb, so guess i was mistaken
I agree that the top one Is an EE (easter egger) the bottom one I dont know about.

I am pretty sure it's coming in as a single. I looked close today and it doesn't look like the pictures of the rose combs I've seen. I'm really starting to wonder if the black and white one is a rooster. He/she is more aggressive to the other and dominate. H/s will bounce on the brown one and push her away from the food or water. I also noticed H/S's tail is starting to have a higher set and kinda waterfall out. Where as the brown has a blunty tail. It is also getting some rather pretty greenish feathers coming in. When I compare the two the B/W one has a redder look to the comb and wattle. Is any of this indicitive of a rooster or is it still a "wait for the crow"

Thanks,
Kirstie

Pooderpie77,
I have to disagree with a few previous posts that the brown one is an EE. The brown one looks to have a single comb and I do believe that it is a plymouth partridge rock. I am attaching a picture of one of mine so that you can compare. And it is also a hen. My partridge rock rooster has a comb that is about 3/4 inch high already. Mine are 5 weeks old.
Here is a pic of one of my partridge rock hens.
IMG_0621.jpg

Kristyne

Quote:
OH! That looks just like her. Thanks for the comparison. I wrote a post a few hours ago about the black and white one. I'm hoping someone may have some info for me about if it is a soon to be hen or rooster. I cant have a rooster we are too close to our neighbor and I dont want to cause trouble. Anyway thank you to everyone for your insight. This board is has been so helpful in getting me started on my adventure in chickens!

Kirstie

Barg,
Oops, my mistake. Somehow I missed reading the second page and I thought we were still talking about the original birds. Please accept my sincere apologies.
big_smile.png
I didnt mean to step on toes.
Kristyne

No need to apologise, i started my post addressing one and then somehow ended up addressing the other, so easy to get confused.

Yeah after looking at the OP's pictures more carfully, the brown one does not have the "fluffy" cheeks that I mentioned, and the legs are way too yellow. So I will have to defer to those more experienced than I!
tongue.png

Yeah... I started a new post.. I guess I had everyone confussed. Thanks for the replys to my chickens..

Back
Top Bottom