Feed Tests - More Results

These are private labs, not govt labs. And if they lied, it doesn't explain why my chickens ever stopped laying on this "tainted" feed, but ok.

And I'll add that they didn't know what feed I was testing. I sent it in a plastic bag labeled "Chicken Feed Sample."
Okay.

I also want to float the idea that if any feed is tainted they wouldn't do it to ALL the feed. Just enough to cause problems but not enough to get everyone on the same page.
This situation has divided everyone so much so that there are fights breaking out (Which is ridiculous)
It is dividing the community just like a different subject divided everyone for the last 3yrs.
Doesn't matter If it is on purpose or accidentally there are different batches and different locations where the feed is made and shipped from/to.
So say yes there was a problem they would lose money on the recall and lose trust from customers. As long as it's not killing said animals they are just hoping the situation passes.
Plus feed is being tested now not months ago when all this started. Some people are reporting issues from back in July. Those are the bags of feed I would want to see tested. Now what is being sold as of right now.

I also want to float the idea that if any feed is tainted they wouldn't do it to ALL the feed. Just enough to cause problems but not enough to get everyone on the same page.
This situation has divided everyone so much so that there are fights breaking out (Which is ridiculous)
It is dividing the community just like a different subject divided everyone for the last 3yrs.
Doesn't matter If it is on purpose or accidentally there are different batches and different locations where the feed is made and shipped from/to.
So say yes there was a problem they would lose money on the recall and lose trust from customers. As long as it's not killing said animals they are just hoping the situation passes.
Plus feed is being tested now not months ago when all this started. Some people are reporting issues from back in July. Those are the bags of feed I would want to see tested. Now what is being sold as of right now.
This was not my feed that was sampled for the test. It was another BYC user in West Virginia (I'm in CA). His chickens weren't laying. Mine were laying (and still are!). He sent me the feed, and I had it tested.

What medication? I would love to get some for my older/special needs birds.

Edit: And how do "they" decide which chickens get the meds? Mine ate this brand of feed and laid like champs, so if it was in the feed, It wasn't in any of the bags I bought.
That's because the bags after they are filled goes on a conveyer belt and go under a UV light that injects the medication at a molecular level so it can get through the bag. Not all bags are exposed to the light.

Back
Top Bottom