Feeding a Laying Duck

ACDKMT

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 23, 2013
CA
I have a Muscovy Duck that just started laying so I'm planning to change her diet to a laying feed, but my drake shares food with her. The laying feed has higher protein and I know too much protein causes angel wing, so will this laying feed be ok for my DRAKE to eat? Or should I keep them on the same diet since no matter what my ducks will always eat the same thing?

I have a Muscovy Duck that just started laying so I'm planning to change her diet to a laying feed, but my drake shares food with her. The laying feed has higher protein and I know too much protein causes angel wing, so will this laying feed be ok for my DRAKE to eat? Or should I keep them on the same diet since no matter what my ducks will always eat the same thing?
I have been using half and half for my ducks and geese ansd chickens, half layer half flock raiser and keep oyster shell out round the closk. so far all eggs are hard shelled. this way I feel my drakes/roos and gander aren't getting quite as much calcium if I was feeding straight layer.

O that sounds like a good idea thanks for sharing, and i completely forgot about oyster shells lol i'll have to get some today.

Back
Top Bottom