Feeding ducks less waste

Thanks, I feed both, mix them up then sprinkle nutritional yeast on the top and sometimes a little cat food. I too, don't put in that much food. At the most 2 days worth. When one of the buckets gets gross and filthy I clean it up and use my spare. Rain doesn't seem to get in them very much either. I have a roof over part of their run so if I know it's going to rain I'll leave them under the roof.
Thanks for the info. I’ve only had ducks for one year still learning .
I put their water and food about a foot or 2 apart, this keeps it drier longer. I also don't leave out too much. I put it near a post, or wall to keep them from stepping in it and knocking it over.
Thanks for helpful info!

Here's another alternative with a mixed flock they work great too no one can climb inside

The metal folds over top so only heads can get inside. And I put water 1-2' from these. They hang but still easy to use.

Do you like to feed your ducks pellets or crumbles ?They look nice!
Do you like to feed your ducks pellets or crumbles ?They look nice!
Thanks, I feed both, mix them up then sprinkle nutritional yeast on the top and sometimes a little cat food. I too, don't put in that much food. At the most 2 days worth. When one of the buckets gets gross and filthy I clean it up and use my spare. Rain doesn't seem to get in them very much either. I have a roof over part of their run so if I know it's going to rain I'll leave them under the roof.

Back
Top Bottom