Feeding tube/Syringe - Med Kit ideas

Then I Will

Songster
8 Years
Jan 13, 2012
Annville, Pennsylvania
I'm shopping online for various chicken first-aid items.
I'm looking into getting a syringe and feeding tube just in case I would ever need to force feed one of the chickens some nutrients. Someone showed how easy it was to aspirate your chicken by dumping liquids into their mouths because of how the trachea was situated, and how much safer putting a tube down into the crop was. So I'm on Amazon looking for the right supplies.
So far, I've found this, but it's a little pricey:
https://smile.amazon.com/MAXGOODS-P...959128&sr=8-3&keywords=oral+syringe+with+tube

I had used these something similar to this after my jaw surgery, but don't know where I would find more like those. They had red silicone tubing- which I think would be a lot softer down a throat.

Does anyone have any product links to something like this that has worked really well for them?
Or a link to another wonderful first aid product?

I want to have these items on hand so I'm not wringing my hands for them to arrive when one of my birds is deathly ill.

Feel free to share what is in your chicken first aid kit as well, and let me know where you found some of your favorite live saving items!

Looks like a good buy to me.
You may want to check your local feed store too, they usually carry items very similar that may be cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom