Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
I had a bear come through last night :/ It destroyed my hummingbird feeder and one of my tube feeders. It knocked down the small gazebo but it's not broken and two suet cages are missing :/ I'm glad it didn't take my big wood one but I'm worried he'll come back again. Any ideas for keeping bears away?
Ralphie put up electric fencing around his hives.

Black-necked Stilt
full

I had a bear come through last night :/ It destroyed my hummingbird feeder and one of my tube feeders. It knocked down the small gazebo but it's not broken and two suet cages are missing :/ I'm glad it didn't take my big wood one but I'm worried he'll come back again. Any ideas for keeping bears away?
I hang the feeders up high in the trees on small branches. Hot wire fences work too.

One of my all time favorites. I think we may have a different subspecies here. Towhees and brown thrashers like the environment down at the club.
Yours is probably the Eastern Towhee. It's similar color wise but fewer spots.

I've recently seen a number of birds that I do not have positive IDs for. One that I did positively ID isn't supposed to be here, the Chestnut-sided Warbler. Haven't gotten around to processing the pics yet.

Back
Top Bottom