Feeling defeated

Adrienne-m

Chirping
May 4, 2020
Hey all! I need some (more) advice please. Based on symptoms and how this all
started and the fact that some improvement was achieved with Baytril, I believe my flock of 17 have mycoplasma. I treated them for 7 days and at the end all those that were sick seemed (and still do seem) fine. I left town for 6 nights and left my husband in charge. Clean everything, fresh food and water, done with meds, etc. When we got home this afternoon I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. However, just went out to check on them and 2 new are sneezing with frothy eyes. One is way worse than the other and she was shipped from the hatchery with crooked toes and is much smaller than her peers. Anyway, I dosed with a remaining dose of Baytril and have tylosin I can start tomorrow. I don’t plan on getting new chickens as I don’t have any more space unless one dies. It would break my heart to cull the entire flock but I feel so awful that they keep getting sick and don’t know what else to do. I have done everything in my power to have happy healthy birds but after a round of lice in January it all seems to be going down the tubes. Any advice or encouragement would be welcome. Thanks!

Hey all! I need some (more) advice please. Based on symptoms and how this all
started and the fact that some improvement was achieved with Baytril, I believe my flock of 17 have mycoplasma. I treated them for 7 days and at the end all those that were sick seemed (and still do seem) fine. I left town for 6 nights and left my husband in charge. Clean everything, fresh food and water, done with meds, etc. When we got home this afternoon I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. However, just went out to check on them and 2 new are sneezing with frothy eyes. One is way worse than the other and she was shipped from the hatchery with crooked toes and is much smaller than her peers. Anyway, I dosed with a remaining dose of Baytril and have tylosin I can start tomorrow. I don’t plan on getting new chickens as I don’t have any more space unless one dies. It would break my heart to cull the entire flock but I feel so awful that they keep getting sick and don’t know what else to do. I have done everything in my power to have happy healthy birds but after a round of lice in January it all seems to be going down the tubes. Any advice or encouragement would be welcome. Thanks!
Sorry I have no suggestions to offer as I am an inexperienced chicken-eer, but I know how distressing it is if you cannot help them so just wanted to send a :hugs

Back
Top Bottom