Feeling like a kid the night before Christmas! updated *PICS*

SassyKat6181

Songster
9 Years
Aug 30, 2010
Western Mass
Should be getting my call from the post office in the a.m.
wee.gif
I picked up 4 Mallards from TSC 2 weeks ago and instantly fell in love and needed more.....Duck math! I have 7 Khaki Campbells and 3 Pekins on their way from Ideal.
celebrate.gif

Just opened the box!
66694_dscn7287_large.jpg

Packing Peanuts- 2 reddish with brown stripes on back and 2 reddish with white wings and bellies....any guesses?
66694_dscn7290_large.jpg

66694_dscn7291_large.jpg

This gal has a tuft of fluff in her head
66694_dscn7293_large.jpg

66694_dscn7295_large.jpg

Last edited:
I agree...as a Christmas Present to myself i completed my order for Metzers.....Now I'm waiting for March 28 for them to hatch and March 29 to go pick them up at the airport. I dream about them atleast 3 times a week. And everyone in the world knows I'm getting ducks. As the date approches it is getting harder to wait

THEY'RE HERE! Cute as can be and all doing great. My only gripe is that there were 4 little packing peanuts included.....red roosters! My 12 hens just started laying about a month ago and I didn't really want roosters, especially since now I have 14 ducks with the possibility of the mallards being males. I'll post photos in a bit.

Quote:
i specifically asked for the roosters to be left out and bought insurance because we are not allowed to have roosters here and I have no idea what I would do to get rid of them. where are the pictures???

One of the campbells, the one pictured above, has a spot of fluff on the back/top of her head. Is it possible to get a crested campbell? The others do not look this way....maybe it's just extra baby fluff. I'll try to get a better picture of her later.

Ducklings can also have a crest even when the parents were not carrying the gene. It is very rare and is a "birth defect" in these cases rather than a genetic trait. Hatcheries will sometimes cross breed at times to increase vigour within a breeding flock. A duck that carries the gene but does not have a crest could be introduced into the flock in this manner, meaning that some future offspring may also have a crest. Long shots both explainations, but either one may help to explain how you may have been shipped a crested duckling.

Your ducklings are all very cute, but sorry about the roosters.

Back
Top Bottom