feisty girl (?)

apprentice

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 8, 2013
I'm new to the chicken game. My girls are a month and a half old and the people I got them from had a deal of a few bucks for another bird, so I said what the hey. 14 (started at 15 but there was a loose puppy/chicken under foot incident) rhode island reds, 5 easter egg hens and this one. My SO's 6 year old son said her name was harriet because harry is a boy's name. I think it'll stick as long as she is around, she will be the last to fully feather, can't hardly fly, always is with the furthest group/pair and is the last one to run when the rest are spooked. And she has freaky hairy feet

Well I can't upload a picture apparently but she is mostly dark grey or black but her wings are getting a brownish blue color. I realize pictures would help and I'm working on it, does anyone know what breed of hen would have what I would call an excessive amount of baby feathers it looks like, as much as where she should have tail feathers by now compared to the rest. Like I said ill try to post a picture

That might explain why heshe is the brave one and why it seems its always in the middle of a pecking contest...

Back
Top Bottom