Feline Fresh Pellets and quail brooder

Do people solve that sawdust issue by scooping it everyday or something?

I have construction sand but I can't compost it if used as bedding. I use it for the adults' sandbath).
Hey you can compost poo šŸ˜Š I know off topic. I actually would sift my sand in my brooder (when brooding) and dump the poo in the compost šŸ’©

Hey you can compost poo šŸ˜Š I know off topic. I actually would sift my sand in my brooder (when brooding) and dump the poo in the compost šŸ’©
Oh I know I can compost the poo I meant I can't compost the sand. I rather just keep the sand in one place (adults' sand bath) to avoid wasting sand that can't be composted. I don't even have enough sand atm either. Sorry my brain is fried from school I can't explain it well.

But I can't knock it if I don't try. Thank you! I'll keep it in mind.

I used to have quail a year ago. I hatched them from eggs in 2020. I had 18 of them and had all different colors.
I used pine shavings to start and when they got bigger and started getting really feathered I switched to wood pellets I bought at TSC. I just used a kitty litter scoop to mix the pellets around every now and then if it wasnā€™t time to change the bedding yet.
I had not problems and mine didnā€™t try to eat them. Even if any water spilled and made it expand. They just tried to dust bathe in it. Which is adorable.
I would say try it if you feel like you should. You will know what works best for you.

Back
Top Bottom