Female duck panting

PhoebeMay

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2021
My 1yr old female duck is panting & acting out of the norm. It’s not overly hot out & she always has access to food, water, & a pond. She started panting a couple days ago, it seemed to stop, & then she started up again today. I got concerned because she was going & laying in the duck house by herself which is unusual behavior. I really really can’t afford to take her to the vet (recently had a $3k vet bill for another animal) so I’m hoping it’s stress that isolation & TLC will cure…but I just can’t stop stressing about it & feeling terrible if she’s suffering in any way. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I wish I had an answer for you!! But I am sitting in the same both as you with my two girls! I have taken them both into the vet for a check up (I recently had to put their sister to sleep after she very abruptly declined and were not able to find the cause 💔), so I have been hypersensitive to any changes in my remaining four. Both girls passed their physicals and blookwork looked pretty normal. They had no concrete answer as to what is causing the panting! They are panting outside right now at 50° and it makes me so worried!! I hope all our girls are okay!!

I wish I had an answer for you!! But I am sitting in the same both as you with my two girls! I have taken them both into the vet for a check up (I recently had to put their sister to sleep after she very abruptly declined and were not able to find the cause 💔), so I have been hypersensitive to any changes in my remaining four. Both girls passed their physicals and blookwork looked pretty normal. They had no concrete answer as to what is causing the panting! They are panting outside right now at 50° and it makes me so worried!! I hope all our girls are okay!!
What happened to your girls? I have a female Rouen duck with same exact problem

Back
Top Bottom