Fenbendazole 25g, 10% (100mg) horse dewormer paste dosing.

Forgot to ask. Is the the repeat in 10 days necessary?
Dosing once then repeating in 10 days is to treat roundworms only, and it is necessary for it to properly work and get all the worms.
If you aren't doing that you'll want to treat for 5 days in a row to get most worms other than tapeworm.

Dosing once then repeating in 10 days is to treat roundworms only, and it is necessary for it to properly work and get all the worms.
If you aren't doing that you'll want to treat for 5 days in a row to get most worms other than tapeworm.
Okay, I was confused for a moment. Thought the repeat in 10 days was also for the 5 day.

Yep, I got another hen who needs it. She's underweight, & sluggish. Good appetite though. If I can't get her weight today, I'll get it tomorrow morning.

Not sure there'd be enough in the tube for every bird. Both hens are from the same coop.
When I dewormed my flock of 14 with that same dewormer it was maybe 3/4 of the way gone after doing the 5 day treatment. So yeah probably not enough in there.
Sounds like it would be best to just treat the ones in the same coop.

When I dewormed my flock of 14 with that same dewormer it was maybe 3/4 of the way gone after doing the 5 day treatment. So yeah probably not enough in there.
Sounds like it would be best to just treat the ones in the same coop.
Will have to get a head count of everyone. There's one in there that we're planning on butchering soon, so may skip him.

Extras in the coop include 3 Guineas, & a Bourbon Red Turkey hen.

Back
Top Bottom