Fencing Issue

It wouldn’t be quite as sturdy but you can build with all T Posts. There are fittings to use with Tposts to build a corner support. I have used them for a field fence and the fence has held up to goat pressure. Here’s a link to the brand I’ve used.

Wedge Loc
I think you may have solved some of my fencing problems with this. Thanks!!!

I like the proposed configuration of your wires, although I would probably still alternate a ground wire between the hot wires too, depending on how determined the critters are with getting in there. Skunks will try to go under your lowest wire so a grounded wire or a narrow piece of chicken wire or hardware cloth laid on the ground under the last hot wire would be good too. It’ll try to squeeze between and touch both. I’ve had skunks slip past a wire 4” off the ground until I put a ground wire down where they had to step. 🤦‍♀️ But if your primary concern is the dogs, and skunks are an afterthought for “just in case” you’ll be fine with that setup. Bait the wires and listen for the yelps. 🤣
most of the fence energizers made for miles of fence will be low impedance, but it’s a good idea to find a couple that’re in the budget you want, and look them up on the manufacturers website prior to purchase to make sure it’s what you want. I have a Parmak that’s meant for a short distance but is low impedance and shocks through grass and brush and everything just fine. Gallagher is a bit more expensive but usually a good choice. Most important is that it’s an intermittent pulse, and not sustained, because if anything gets stuck in a fence that gives a continuous shock it’ll die. I don’t know how common those kind are anymore but...

The weather wasn't very cooperative today, all i could do was grab four fence-posts and set up a short test-fence and it works fine! - Until the snow started to accumulate on the energizer's pins shortening everything out.

The weather wasn't very cooperative today, all i could do was grab four fence-posts and set up a short test-fence and it works fine! - Until the snow started to accumulate on the energizer's pins shortening everything out.
Oh my gosh!! That weather looks absolutely horrid!!

:lau :lau :lau

1610852097302.gif

Back
Top Bottom