Fencing

sherry36

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 2, 2013
A skunk and other critters are trying to dig under my fencing. How deep into the ground should I bury wire?
Thanks! Sherry36 I'm new to this site. New to raising chickens also. I have 15 dear girls that have started laying well.

A skunk and other critters are trying to dig under my fencing. How deep into the ground should I bury wire?
Thanks! Sherry36 I'm new to this site. New to raising chickens also. I have 15 dear girls that have started laying well.
There's no need to bury any wire at all.
Just attach a 12-18" strip to the bottom of your present fence, and let it lay flat on the ground.
Cover it with a thn layer of dirt or compost, and grass will grow up through it to anchor it in place

Burying wire just means they will dig a hole to reach it, whereas the "apron" method stops them AT the surface

Last edited:
There's no need to bury any wire at all.
Just attach a 12-18" strip to the bottom of your present fence, and let it lay flat on the ground.
Cover it with a thn layer of dirt or compost, and grass will grow up through it to anchor it in place

Burying wire just means they will dig a hole to reach it, whereas the "apron" method stops them AT the surface
BearFF where's that cool graphic you have showing the fence apron and dog?...that's a good one, worth a thousand words

BearFF where's that cool graphic you have showing the fence apron and dog?...that's a good one, worth a thousand words
th
th

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=apron+fence&go=&qs=bs&form=QBIR#a

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom