Fermented Alfalfa Cubes How To

:) I ask because I let mine out in the front yard where there are wide leaf crab grass/weeds and they like that. But do not eat the thin grass in the backyard/run area.
I have to watch them in the front yard so I notice that they like that and the tall clover that grows along the graden wall. They also like the Green Tomato :mad:

:) I ask because I let mine out in the front yard where there are wide leaf crab grass/weeds and they like that. But do not eat the thin grass in the backyard/run area.
I have to watch them in the front yard so I notice that they like that and the tall clover that grows along the graden wall. They also like the Green Tomato :mad:
o yes they do love the vegie plants :rolleyes::thHa i know and i always keep my vegie plants covered well OR when you have free range chickens , you usually don't have a garden to...LOL... but just one thing about tall grass, it can ball up and cause crop impaction problems in chickens or even kill them, so weed eating & keeping down any tall grass, that is to long is the best idea.:thumbsup

o yes they do love the vegie plants :rolleyes::thHa i know and i always keep my vegie plants covered well OR when you have free range chickens , you usually don't have a garden to...LOL... but just one thing about tall grass, it can ball up and cause crop impaction problems in chickens or even kill them, so weed eating & keeping down any tall grass, that is to long is the best idea.:thumbsup

These are short but longer then what you cut with the mower. I cut with mower and then they are allowe don the front lawn. There is some crab grass that the blades are only about 2 inches long. ;) But thanks.
Also, I will be fencing off the tomato plants as I only have 4. I don't care about the flowers or hostas even the Mint they can have LOL Can't kill Mint.

I am interested in starting this up. Question: Is there any reason to not use the 1lb rabbit feed version of alfalfa pellets? I know it would be more expensive, (~$2.50 per lb) but since I only have 7 ladies, a 40lb bag of horse pellets would last FOREVER. I think it would be both fresher and easier to store. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom