FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

sunhanalah: Congrats!! And a pretty blue no less :)

I remember how excited I was with my first egg-I sent text pics to everyone and they all thought I was crazy...thank goodness for BYC buddies that get it!

Shamelessly cross posting...my first egg!

Limin Chikin will be 18 weeks old Saturday. Today is two weeks since she first squatted for me.
Waaah, I'm so jealous! Beautiful egg! I can't wait until mine start laying.
wee.gif

I've had great luck by keeping it dryer. Like thick oatmeal. I just dump several 2 c clumps am and pm. They love it because I don't have a run for them yet. Just a good sized dog kennel 7.5' x 12. They perch about 4 ft up and fly all the 12' to get down in the morning. Happy birds.
D.gif
This is how I do it too.

Today was day 2 of FF in the evening. I strained it very well this time and it was the texture of a wet sand, maybe. They dug right in, and this time a duck waddled up and scarfed nearly all of it down so I went inside to get them a second scoop. I added some more feed, stirred, and plan to 1. start a bigger batch! and 2. feed it twice a day. Thanks guys, you have all been so helpful with questions I have had! I am sure my chickens will be better for it. :)

Today was day 2 of FF in the evening. I strained it very well this time and it was the texture of a wet sand, maybe. They dug right in, and this time a duck waddled up and scarfed nearly all of it down so I went inside to get them a second scoop. I added some more feed, stirred, and plan to 1. start a bigger batch! and 2. feed it twice a day. Thanks guys, you have all been so helpful with questions I have had! I am sure my chickens will be better for it. :)

My chickens really prefered the dryer thick texture of the cookie dough/ oatmeal consistency.

I'm so glad things are going so well with the Ff transition.

Good for you!!! Trial and error. That's how you learn. I like it thicker also. My one day olds are eating it. Don't seem to care about the water. I'll be feeding them 3-4 times a day then going down to 2x. They won't be able to roam so not much bugs.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom