Fertile eggs?

McFunnyFarm

Chirping
Jul 20, 2022
Kansas
I have had the worst luck trying to hatch my guinea eggs. None seem to want to try and develop at all. They are all put in incubator within a few days from gathering. I have given some to several people and they all say the same thing. Do these even look fertile to any of you? I honestly can't tell for sure.

Attachments

• PXL_20230627_231843697.jpg
    PXL_20230627_231843697.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 68
I have had the worst luck trying to hatch my guinea eggs. None seem to want to try and develop at all. They are all put in incubator within a few days from gathering. I have given some to several people and they all say the same thing. Do these even look fertile to any of you? I honestly can't tell for sure.
No, I do not see the bull's eye.

Hello!

How old are your birds? What are they eating? Diet and age are two of the biggest factors in breeding and fertility, as well as proper living conditions and male to female ratio, but it seems like you’ve got the right amount for those things…

Hello!

How old are your birds? What are they eating? Diet and age are two of the biggest factors in breeding and fertility, as well as proper living conditions and male to female ratio, but it seems like you’ve got the right amount for those things…
They are just over a year old. They get a 16% game bird layer crumble, veggie scraps, hen scratch periodically and every so often they will get some black fly larvae treats.

How big is the area you are keeping them in? Guineas need a lot more space than chickens. They need lots of room for their races and chases during breeding season.
Honestly, I will have to go measure. How much room do they need? Maybe I need to add on!

Back
Top Bottom