Fertile infertile

Stephlorraine

Chirping
Apr 26, 2022
663066C5-0458-48F6-8E67-4D6DE388FD56.jpeg
Hi, I regularly crack open some of my eggs and they look like they’ve been fertilised, but I have no rooster. Is it just the way the white dot sits, or do we have a rooster sneaking to my girls?

I'm on the fence, it doesn't quite look either way. :idunno is that the only one? The dot can break down if the eggs have been sitting for a bit. Let's see your flock.

I'm on the fence, it doesn't quite look either way. :idunno is that the only one? The dot can break down if the eggs have been sitting for a bit. Let's see your flock.
It’s usually from my bigger eggs, which are a Wyandotte and Wyandotte cross. They’re all definitely hens, they all lay eggs 😂

View attachment 3232648Hi, I regularly crack open some of my eggs and they look like they’ve been fertilised, but I have no rooster. Is it just the way the white dot sits, or do we have a rooster sneaking to my girls?

I've seen several other people post on here that they have eggs that look fertile, but no roosters. So you're not the first to report this :)

If you want to try incubating some eggs, that may give a more definite answer (either they develop or they don't. I'm predicting they will not develop, unless there really is a rooster sneaking in somewhere.)

I've seen several other people post on here that they have eggs that look fertile, but no roosters. So you're not the first to report this :)

If you want to try incubating some eggs, that may give a more definite answer (either they develop or they don't. I'm predicting they will not develop, unless there really is a rooster sneaking in somewhere.)
Yeah they probably won’t develop. It would be hard for a rooster to sneak in somewhere because I work a lot of nights, so I’m home through the day. It keeps flipping me out 😂

Back
Top Bottom