Fertile or Infertile? *please help soon*

cluckcluckgirl

Queen of the Coop
11 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Tending to my chickens
I have an EE who laid an egg. Today, when I cracked it open, I was unsure if it was fertile. Here's a pic of it: (note, it's in black and white for better view of the blastoderm)

It looked like a ring. It did not have that much white in the center, but the ring got thicker towards the bottom. I have a deal with an egg buyer hoping to purchase fertile eggs soon, so all help is appreciated. Thanks
smile.png

Is there a reason you think you roo might not be doing the job? In my experience, if you have a healthy roo, and less than 15 hens, pretty much all the eggs are going to be fertile!

Can't tell from the pic, sorry.

Here are some more. My camera is a few years old, so it's definitely seen better days.

Definitely not very good. Here's an illustration of what it looked like:

My roo is healthy, and he manages 12 hens, just the tricky thing about him is that he doesn't do it when anyone's around, and I want to make sure the eggs are fertile for the buyer.
smile.png

Last edited:
It didn't look like a dot, but not like a perfect blastoderm, like I've seen before. The ring was thicker towards the bottom, and I thought all blastoderms looked perfect. I am new to fertile eggs, so pretty uninformed about this little blastoderm.

Back
Top Bottom