fertilized eggs got moved inside for 12 hours

mrosehogge

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2023
The day after I got fertilized eggs for my broody hen to hatch my husband thought our chickens laid them and brought them inside (our house is around 69/71 degrees). I noticed around 12 hours later and put them back under her. I’ve had 2 of the 5 eggs hatch. One on day 18 and one on day 20. The other three haven’t chirped or piped, could the temperature drop have made only some of them not viable or are they taking longer because of temp drop. If anyone has gone through this I’d appreciate some advice. Don’t want to get rid of them if there is a chance they’ll hatch but also don’t want to keep them if they’re bad and could explode.

The day after I got fertilized eggs for my broody hen to hatch my husband thought our chickens laid them and brought them inside (our house is around 69/71 degrees). I noticed around 12 hours later and put them back under her. I’ve had 2 of the 5 eggs hatch. One on day 18 and one on day 20. The other three haven’t chirped or piped, could the temperature drop have made only some of them not viable or are they taking longer because of temp drop. If anyone has gone through this I’d appreciate some advice. Don’t want to get rid of them if there is a chance they’ll hatch but also don’t want to keep them if they’re bad and could explode.
Temp drops in the very beginning of incubation are more likely to kill the egg compared to a temp drop weeks in to incubation.
Have you candled these eggs yet to see if they even developed?

Temp drops in the very beginning of incubation are more likely to kill the egg compared to a temp drop weeks in to incubation.
Have you candled these eggs yet to see if they even developed?
Yes there is air bubbles on all of them. No red ring, two of them are bantams so it’s a little harder to tell but they’re all darker on the side of the egg.

Yes there is air bubbles on all of them. No red ring, two of them are bantams so it’s a little harder to tell but they’re all darker on the side of the egg.
Can you get a picture of the egg while you are candling it in a dark room?

Back
Top Bottom