Few questions! Pied peacock?

IizChicken

In the Brooder
May 1, 2018
Hi y’all! I am buying my first peafowl and I was told he is about 8 months and a pied male. I have attached a photo of him and was wondering if you guys think he is going to be a black shoulder too or if that is possible? His dad is pied and his mom is cameo. I also have some baby chickens I was going to introduce to my older girls so I bought some Southern States specialty flock feed and I’m hoping that I can use that feed for him too? My last question is how long should I keep him caged by himself until he is okay to free range with my chickens? The person I’m buying from has recommended 4 months but I’ve read 2-4 weeks is good too? Thanks!
1587485902253.jpeg

Hi y’all! I am buying my first peafowl and I was told he is about 8 months and a pied male. I have attached a photo of him and was wondering if you guys think he is going to be a black shoulder too or if that is possible?
He looks like a very handsome black shoulder to me, but I'm not seeing any pied. :idunno

Okay thank you! I am needing to worm him and I was told buy a different seller about using ivermectin Injectable and putting it in his water. I can’t seem to find anything on the dosage for this especially for a 8 month old!

If you want to deworm him, give him Valbazen or Safeguard. Ivermectin is not a good de-wormer for poultry and it's not water soluble.

I had just bought some earlier today and would really like to use it. Could I put it in a blueberry, cherry tomato, or on some bread? He may have been lightly wormed earlier this year by the person I got him from and I have been Putting some diatomaceous earth in his feed too.

I had just bought some earlier today and would really like to use it.
Valbazen or Safeguard? Ivermectin is *not* an effective de-wormer, It's good for mice and lice, but not worms.
I have been Putting some diatomaceous earth in his feed too.
DE is not an effective de-wormer. Seriously, if you want to de-worm him you need Valbazen or Safeguard.

Back
Top Bottom