Fifi, the Transgendered Hen (crummy pics on Page 3)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sukiyaki, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Sukiyaki

Sukiyaki Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2008
    Houston Area, Texas
    Fifi my buff polish hen has always been a joy to watch. She's always been a dominant bird and likes to set the rules around the coop. She's so dominant, in fact, that I was positive she was a HE until she layed an egg.

I've seen her mount the other, extremely-confused chickens. Nothing actually happens, she just flaps about wildly like she's seen Elvis the rooster do. When she's 'done' she saunters off proudly leaving her bewildered prey clucking nervously.

She crows, every morning and every evening. If a normal, MALE, rooster is supposed to go "Cock-a-doodle-doo" then her noise is more of a "KERK-A-DERDL-EAAAAGH" Again, this is mortifying to the other, sane chickens.

She gets into ROOSTER fights with our boy--and she's come away victorious more than once! She doesn't have spurs, but what she does have is a deep rooted insanity, so maybe that's her advantage.

I put her in solitary confinement JUST to make sure she was laying the eggs and..Sure enough, an egg a day. She's a darn good producer for a severly disturbed polish chicken.

Just thought I'd share the oddest one of flock. [​IMG] She makes me laugh every day.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Oh dear. It's most unfortunate that she's a Polish chicken. Sounds like the first line of a joke . . .

:eek:

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Maybe you should change "her" name to Butch? [​IMG]

imp

4. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I HAVE heard that they do have a habbit of being rather flakey, though my girl is a normal afro-chicken. You should put her back with the flock so maybe the rooster will over-throw her and she'll find...eer...her truer calling in life. [​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    LOL That so much sounds like a chicken I would end up with. My SLW hates the rooster so bad that if he mounts one of the girls and she sees it she runs like lightening to knock him off. He does not even dare try to mount her. In November I lost my growling chicken. she was a light brahma and she learned to growl from the dog so she would growl at you instead of bok bok at you.

Your gal would fit right in here.

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Alright then,

[​IMG]

Let's see some pics of Fifi the Transgendered Hen!

[​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    The *Pichers* guy threw me off....LOL

I was thinking "What does baseball have to do with anything??"

8. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Too funny! I bet she hates laying eggs. Her body's betraying her! [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:I had to say that aloud just to get the idea. That's the funniest thing I've seen on here all day! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Thats funny because my buff lace polish girl is the same way...only she doesn't crow..but everything else you mention is so HER!!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by