FILL UP YOUR CARS!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kanchii, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

My uncle is in the oil business and he said that there is going to be a huge spike within the next few days that will probably raise it to $5 over here (nor cal)

2. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Yep, I heard that on the news this am. We are going tomorrow to trade in the minivan for a fuel effiecent (ie small) car. ICK!!! I love my van, this sucks!!!! Steph

3. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, I'm trying to talk my dad into getting us a Smart Car. they look stupid but they're very fun to drive (my friend has one and its zippy!) plus its cool because instead of parallel parking you can pull straight in since they're so short.

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Hey kanchii----What's the price on the smart car? I heard they were only $2500 but that was if you purchased it fromt he manufacturer. 50 miles per gallon isn't bad at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2008
  5. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

They start at around $11,500

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]
    It would probably be cheaper just to keep the car you have!

7. nautical_bouy

nautical_bouy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Beaver PA
    The price is going up because they have to start refining the RFG's

8. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    My husband and I own a business in which a small car is not an option!! It is news like this that I just dread. Our expenses have more than doubled in the last year although we have made no changes except to try to conserve when we can. I hate having to charge a fuel surcharge to customers because they may then not want the work done. I hate this economy!! But thanks for the heads up.

9. SullyCarter

SullyCarter Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2008
    Pacific Palisades, CA
    Quote:Oh, Ive test driven the Smart, so fun! I wish the forFour was available, its kinda cool and seats 4.
    [​IMG]

10. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Uhg....to get a new car or not to get a new car....that's my dilemma as well. My car is not a gas guzzler, not is it a sipper, so I'm really undecided. It gets decent mileage all round, but I travel 100km to and from work everyday. That's 500km or 310miles a week. That adds up! The problem is, by the time I replace my 10 year old car I've spent close to $10,000 or more. Will I recoup the difference in savings on my gas bill over the lifetime of the new car?

I need to get a calculator out......

Urban Coyote

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by