Filled my pipe feeder and put my girls outside for the 1st time!! *********

mat2dong

Songster
7 Years
Jun 17, 2012
Put my girls outside and filled the chicken feeder I made:) Now I just need to wait 2 1/2 to 3 more months and I will have eggs!!

Looks good. How much did it hold? Another question about the height and your young pullets. Did I see one of them walk under it? If so might want to put a step up for them till they are older.

Looks good. How much did it hold? Another question about the height and your young pullets. Did I see one of them walk under it? If so might want to put a step up for them till they are older.
Thanks!

It ended up holding 4 and a half of those water jugs filled to almost the top:) The high ended up being just fine. I like them to reach a bit (gives them something to do). I put a brick under it anyways to make my wife happy;) LOL!

You use one of these?

There is a wire over the top that barely shows in the picture that keeps them out. In the winter when the grazing is poor it last them three days. When the pasture is good it goes much longer.

There is a wire over the top that barely shows in the picture that keeps them out. In the winter when the grazing is poor it last them three days. When the pasture is good it goes much longer.

Ah! I can't see it at all:) Good wood work!

How much land they getting to run around in? I just love that my girls come up right before it gets dark:)

Its about a acre. Only let them out in the late afternoon till they go in at sun down. They usually start coming in before that with full crops. When the garden is producing they get some from that thrown in their run. So when things are growing well the feed rakes awhile to go down.

Its about a acre. Only let them out in the late afternoon till they go in at sun down. They usually start coming in before that with full crops. When the garden is producing they get some from that thrown in their run. So when things are growing well the feed rakes awhile to go down.
Nice! My garden has been helping me feed my girls as well:)

Back
Top Bottom