Finale..The pile of steel is no more.....it's a finished coop

I have about 20 chickens in those two coops with the rest as chicks....the little ones are spending their days in an enclosed pen and their nights in an agricultural shed which is huge ....but the larger ones are free ranging with the big guys by day and will soon be wanting to join them at night.

My chickens are a disorderly bunch and several sleep in the outhouse with the dog, and some choose the agricultural shed which may have up to 50 sheep in it depending on the time of year. My La Flèche chicks are trying to tree roost, but they are too small to be safe there, so I bring them in.

I think hubby has done a good job and am pleased with the 'skeleton' of Chicken Shack.

We live out in the sticks (thank goodness) and my boys crow long, hard and loud without anyone complaining.

So far your coop looks amazing! A real 1st class structure. I have to tell you what I just loved about your pictures is your landscape! My Nana told me many years ago that our family way, way back came from Wales. I have always wanted to go. After seeing your pictures, now I really want to! So beautiful. Enjoy your day and I look forward to seeing the completed coop.

thumbsup.gif

Nice bones! Your husband did good, and even better that he surprised you by actually doing it! Sounds a little like my DH- "it's going to cost how much? I'll just make something myself" Money is a good motivator.
I can't wait to see the progress. Make sure you keep us updated.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom