finally a pic of my coop

aran

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 28, 2007
rochester ny
here is a couple pics of my coop...i need to repaint it but you get the idea.
Coop is 8x10 and run is 40x30.

coop2copy.jpg

here is one of the little baby coop i made initially before i bought the main one. I use it now for baby growouts and if i ever need it to separate out sick/injured birds or birds i want to breed specifically to one another.

( ps : im no carpenter thats for sure!)
coop3copy.jpg

thanks mate...i sure hope it is...i cant think of much more to do to make it predator proof. It has 1 foot of the fence buried , 3 strands of barbed wire around the top and deer netting over the entire run to stop hawks. It has not only the main latch on the gate but a stretchy tie thing stretched as tight as i can get it around the main run door just in case a racoon did manage to figure out how to open the latch. Its tight enough that my 6 year old son cant open the door without my help.

Wow, that's pretty awesome! Looks pretty secure to me too!

The only thing I would be able to think of being able to get in (and I don't know that it can) would be something small enough to slip through the chain link (like maybe a weasel?) if it could also get into the coop at night.

I'm working on securing a few more tiny holes in my coop too for that reason ... at the very top are a few places that don't come together perfectly so I'm lining those with hardware cloth. Maybe yours is already tight though.

It looks fantastic though! Fort Knox for chickens!

trish

thanks guys...i have not seen any weasels here in rochester but we did think of that...how do i stop them if they are around? maybe chicken wire lining the chainlink?
Trisha...i welcome any racoon who wants to get tangled in the barbed wire heheheeheh

Thats a GREAT set up Aran.
I have to have a lot of little areas because I need to keep my Silkie colors seperated.
Are you going to the Mumford Show October 7th at all, as a breeder or even just as a looker?
If ya do look us up and say Hi. Melanie

I went to a zoo up by Rochester when my family and I went up there for a piano convention last year. Elmwood Park Zoo I think it was called? Like your setup. i wish my coop was in the middle of our run but not enough fencing really. ErinM

Back
Top Bottom