Finally Bred My Little Meka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to be the snappy one, but if this person has gone thru the trouble of planning down this to the T, and has put this wonderful news on this FAMILY FRIENDLY forum, then we should keep our negative comments to our selves. Yes its true that there are too many animals in the world, and yes many animals are put to sleep everyday, but this member is obviously caring for there wonderful gal and will be raising her pups in a warm and loving home.
I am keeping happy thoughts for some cute lil puppies! And I'll be waiting for pics!
wink.png

Good luck!

Quote:
That is your choice and this is hers.
smile.png
Agree to disagree!

I highly doubt the op wanted this thread to be a debate about if she should breed and why not. Be nice and supportive or don't say anything at all and move along. I knew when I first seen this posted that people would be freaking out but its not your place and you can't change it. Report the people being rude and un-supportive, it is a kind of flaming and trolling imo and against the rules.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Quote:
Bock, I wish there were more people like you in the world. More people who understand what you wrote. But nothing will change. Everyone always has the 'special exception' dog. That their dog is the bestest pet evar and MUST be bred so they can have a clone. If only that dog had just one pup, rather than a large litter. A litter who will almost certainly end up at a shelter, dead, or unloved for life.

Y'know I've read this thread from the beginning, cringing at the OP because I knew she'd get all these posts regarding not breeding the dog. I'm not pro "everyone breed their dog" by any means. But the truth is this dog is ALREADY bred. Unless the breeding didn't take, there are pups on the way. Preaching to the OP one what they should have done, even if the advice is true isn't helping and it only contributing to a very negative thread tone.

The dog is bred. End of story. While I hope that the OP doesn't breed her again, theres not a darn thing I can do about it. If you want to contribute to the cause of unwanted pups not going to a shelter you can opt not to be on this thread or post when the dog has puppies. Silence is somethings the best thing you can say.

I really don't mean to be rude. I agree, having puppies would be tones of fun. The thing is, I can't just ignore the problem at hand. Just think maybe someone else that wants to breed their dog will read this and decide not to. You never know.

To the OP, I am sorry if I came across as rude, but it is a harsh reality. I wish you good luck with the litter, and I hope they all find forever homes. Again, my apologies.
smile.png
No hard feelings?

I'm not sure why every thread on this subject must become a browbeating session, but enough is enough. The point has been made by the "spay and/or adopt, don't breed" crowd and the OP seems well aware of the issues so please, let's drop it and allow her to continue her thread.
hmm.png

Well this was an interesting thread I had people get mad, glad, and just rude.....
For the people that got mad its all said and done,,, nothing I can do now
For the people that got glad Thank You!!! sooo much for being supportive and I'll keep ya'll updated
thumbsup.gif

For the people that got rude...There's no need to get rude I love my dog she loves me I care dearly about her health and if I have to choose between the puppies or her I'll choose her no question....Shes healthy, this was a well planned thing, and please try to be supportive some of the comments where very hurtful
sad.png
and I just wanna be friends with ya'll...

Last edited:
not being negative nelly, just sharing some experience as ive been involved in wowies for many years...
smaller male does not nessicarily mean everything will be ok...

my families chihuahua, 5lb female with a then 2 1/2lb male (now 3lbs since neutering 2 yrs ago)
followed her lineage back over 8 gens, free whelping lines, small pups ect...
followed his lineage back 10 gens, small pups and free whelping lines...
no c-sections in either side...
vet check, and xray prior to breeding gave good pelvic width
xray and ultrasounds during pregnancy to make sure the pups were not getting overly large and keep track of how many to expect...

1 breech puppy that got stuck and a c-section/spay later and thankfully all 4 pus were delivered safely...

you said you have "plan b" make sure that plan be is aboslutly secure and have a lan c just in case (remember normal vets arnt open at 4am so make sure to add an extra $1000 or so to the emergency fund in case you need to go to an emergency clinic, costs are always higher at e-clinics.
( had her spayed during c-section because 1 c-section in wowies typically means any future litters will need assistance)
as a side note, the largest of the pups, the one that got stuck, is only 4lbs full grown. shes still smaller than her mother and yet caused such a big issue.

you are right, whats done is done.
hopefully 1 litter is all you need and youll get her spayed and i realy do hope everything goes smoothly. little dogs are incredibly tought to breed.

Quote:
That's not negative at all I appreciate your knowledge on this I need to know what can go wrong just as much as what can go right so I can be prepared.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom