Finally Bred My Little Meka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bred toy and mini poodles for a lot of years, and I have noticed that in the smaller ones, the smaller the liiter (fewer puppies in the pregnancy) often correlates to more problems with the whelping. My theory is that fewer puppies, the placentas get to spread out more and take up more of the uterine walls and the puppies get more nutrition and oxygen delivered, so the fetuses get bigger faster. Something you may want to consider is having her x-rayed toward the end to see how many puppies there are in there. They can also see the skull sizes, and if there looks like there might be a problem pup in there, you can schedule a c-section ahead of time and save yourself a TON of money and tears and stress. I am not knocking you at all for breeding your dog, just trying to help you see what might be unseen problems, and the cheapest, safest way to prevent them before they happen. Good luck with your litter.

Oh, and the other poster that said about small adults doesn't neccessarily mean small puppies at birth weight. My smallest one is Bella, a tiny wiry teacup poodle. She weighs three and a half pounds. At birth, she weighed Five ounces at birth! That's more than a quarter pound. Her mama was a toy, that had whelped twice before without problems, but she had to push extra hard to get that one out, and I helped a little bit and she hurt a lot when it came out. No tearing or injuries, but it was dicey and that was the last time I bred her mama. She was spayed and I kept Beensie. No babies for Beensie. Please do continue to share about your dog and her pregnancy and whelping, and rearing babies, and their graduation to new homes. I, for one, want to hear about it. And pics. Lots of pics. Thanks for sharing.

This is Warning #2. There will be no more warnings. The next report we get, this thread is closed.
waiting3.gif

goodness I didn't know it would get so heated I'm sorry everyone
hit.gif
....I was just happy I'm gonna be a "grandma" I didn't know people would get so upset with me for mix breeding and for breeding period.... it has gone from one thing to other one person got mad at me for breeding my little meka and some got mad at me for mix breeding I think or something about breed standard
idunno.gif
......but I just want everyone to know I know the consequences, I know the benefits, I know what could go wrong and I know what could go right.....

I
love.gif
BYC and so does my little meka lol

Excuse my flowerdy pj pants lol
85624_michelles_054.jpg

She loves her some bittys
85624_picture_086.jpg

She loves the creek too lol
85624_michelles_006.jpg

Quote:
It's really nobody's business but yours. Congratulations. I pray you have a wonderful litter.

Good luck. Breeding small dogs is very risky and most the time costly. My parents are breeders with championship bloodlines of a toy breed. They gave up breeding due to spending $4,000 and lost all the puppies. It was heartbreaking and the animal hospital's fault for placing them overnight unheated metal cubical. They,ve had another huge expense with breeding right before that as well. They also tested both grump and sire for knees and hips. We didn't get one of our cats fixed in time, she had a litter. It was difficult homing 3 out of the 4 kittens. We regret not keeping 2 kitten to this day. We now have her fixed. I still wonder if those kittens are in good homes. It was very easy homing them and I actually received more money then what I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom