Finally Bred My Little Meka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow guys. This is a happy occasion! I personally hope your litter goes well! There will ALWAYS be too many animals out there than there are homes. There is absolutely NO reason to jump all over her about her upcoming litter.

clap.gif
Congrats I really want to breed my jack-russel x fice, but her pelvis has been fractured over 4 times. So if she did have puppies, she would have to have a C section
hu.gif

Thank ya'll who are supportive
thumbsup.gif
....I feel like breeders get a bad wrap these days because of puppy mills and breeders who just don't care...I personally love my dog like my a daughter, and would never use her as an breeding machine Ive waited three years to breed her so that her body will be fit enough to handle it ,brought her to the vet, give her vitamins,also the puppies will be brought to the vet......it isn't like I let her roam the country side so she'll get bred by anything

Chihuahuas are notorious for inertia in labor. It is important to watch them closely. It makes you wonder how they ever gave birth to procreate the breed for all those years in Mexico before they became such popular family pets.
Congratulations on your upcoming babies. I pray everything goes well this time.
I like the name. My "Meka" is a GP that weighs over 125lb, but she has a few black badgermarks on white too.

Might be a good idea now to shop around your local vets to see how much a C-section is, just in case she needs some help. Those snub nosed (apple headed) chihuahuas have larger skulls and can be hard to pass.... She does look to be the size that should normally be able to give birth, but it never hurts to have plan B in place, and start a C-section fund NOW in case you need it in two months. If you don't need it, COOL! You will have enough to have us all over for a BBQ!!!
lol.png
If you do need it, you won't have to end up putting her down because of birthing troubles and no $$$.

Quote:
I think she will cause she is bigger then he was(he barely could reach)....but I have planned a plan B lol so don't worry

Actually, I'm a huge supporter of responsible breeders. I just know that there are a million hoops to jump th rough. I've been jumping for almost 3 years and just finally purchased a dog th at might be useable as a stud in the future. He's only 7 mnths old, so a minimum of 1 1/2 years of hoops left to jump through.

I hope your litter goes well the only reason theirs an over population is because theirs an over population of people and people want the easy buck IMO.
smile.png

One question. What makes your dog and her future puppies better than all the dogs that lost their lives today? All those dogs, not so different than your own; abused, neglected, forgotten, stuffed into animal shelters, put down simply because their there are too many dogs in the world?

I, by no means, am against responsible breeders. Dogs who are tested for all health problems that are prevalent in their breed (that is SO important). Dogs who are titled in at least two events (e.g. showing, agility, search and rescue). Dogs who are fed a raw/ grain free diet. Dogs bred by people who have a lifetime guarantee on every single puppy they breed, no matter how sick or how old that animal may be when it comes back to them. Dogs sold on a contract, stating what is expected of themselves and the seller.All puppies are sold with AKC registration. The breeder makes it very clear that the puppy they are selling is not to be used for breeding, unless they produce an exceptional specimen. Only breed stock with sound temperaments, in perfect health, and all of the characteristics of the breed they represent. The puppies must be raised in a good environment were they are wormed, beginning to be potty trained, and loved like part of the family. The mother is bred no more than 1X a year! And lastly (why do I even have to mention this?), the dogs need to be pure breed. How on earth are you supposed to improve the breed if your dog isn't even pure breed?

You might be thinking, but I just want pet! Well, if you rated a dog on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst, 10 being the best possible.You bred together say an 8 and a 9. If, in that litter, you got 5 puppies. One might be an 8, one a 7, two a 6, and one a 4. Now, if I were to breed the 4 puppy to a 5, the quality of the breed and the dogs produced would continue to decline until there is nothing left even worth breeding.

Until there are no dogs left in shelters, I will not lower my standards. If you want a loving pet, not necessarily pure breed, RESCUE. That's what I do, and will continue doing until there are no animals left to rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom