- Nov 5, 2011
Thank you. I have to give all the credit to my husband who has been working on it since September. We got many of the ideas from this site. So, thanks to everyone who helped us with ideas! The only thing I would do differently with the indoor feeder is to angle it a little downwards so the feed would slide easier. Right now, I have a stick that I use to push the feed down. It still works great. I originally planned on nipples for the outside waterer, but I wanted it hooked to the spigot and the pressure was too great, so I ended up with the bowl. Installing the bowl was the last thing that needed to be done and it was done today During the first and only rain we had, the nesting boxes leaked. So, my husband used rubber baseboard to cover the hinges. He screwed the top part to the coop and then used silicone to seal the seam. He said if he were to do it again, he's use bigger screws with washers so the heads won't find their way out. We are proud how the project went and now, we are waiting for our girls to start laying!