Finally got my hands on some call ducks..

They'd be much cuter if they weren't so skittish.
My ducks were attacket by a dog when they were younger they killed 3 and left us with only 4 now.... and they will not come to you. They are so skittish :(i dont blame them though lol
Hopefully hatching these new ducks that will help having them see the new ones interact with us.
I hope yours warm up to you:fl

IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3228.JPG
Casanova all tame and happy..

In due time they will love your company...My new Call Drake had lived on a Pond with not much human interaction and now lays are our feet..Patience and letting them come to you is key..Congrats!
How sad, I defiantly try to spend as much time with them as possible feeding them treats.. I'll just have to be a lil' more patient.
Oh he's beautiful! I saw a drake just like that at a near by auction.. Took all my might not to bring him home... Is he a certain breed of call duck or a mutt?

How sad, I defiantly try to spend as much time with them as possible feeding them treats.. I'll just have to be a lil' more patient.
Oh he's beautiful! I saw a drake just like that at a near by auction.. Took all my might not to bring him home... Is he a certain breed of call duck or a mutt?
He is a Chocolate Ancona Call Drake..I paid big money for him..Took me a year to get him from a guy I know..He had a Hen too I was suppose to get but she got killed out on the pond..

He is a Chocolate Ancona Call Drake..I paid big money for him..Took me a year to get him from a guy I know..He had a Hen too I was suppose to get but she got killed out on the pond..
He's gorgeous :love Sorry to hear about the hen though. I think i'll stick with my $10 calls for now until I start to make some-what of a profit from my animals.. I've been trying to get into breeding rare/exotic/heritage breeds since there's almost no local breeders near me yet I have people from like 4-H come up to me and ask if I sell any of my poultry. That and I've just bought a bunch of heritage chicken layers.. I already have two buyers, A local market and (Hopefully) A Tops that's just 10 minutes away from my house.

Sitting with them and having a pan of water by you encourages them to come closer..No trying to touch them just let them come to you...
I was just about to ask.. Thanks! I'll defiantly try that this afternoon while I try and get some better pics of them.

He's gorgeous :love Sorry to hear about the hen though. I think i'll stick with my $10 calls for now until I start to make some-what of a profit from my animals.. I've been trying to get into breeding rare/exotic/heritage breeds since there's almost no local breeders near me yet I have people from like 4-H come up to me and ask if I sell any of my poultry. That and I've just bought a bunch of heritage chicken layers.. I already have two buyers, A local market and (Hopefully) A Tops that's just 10 minutes away from my house.

I was just about to ask.. Thanks! I'll defiantly try that this afternoon while I try and get some better pics of them.
Awesome...I have Call eggs in my incubator due in January..Its an order I got last summer that needed to be filled once egg laying and breeding started..Will be Chocolate Ancona and white Call Hens...Too Cute..15 eggs in incubator..

Awesome...I have Call eggs in my incubator due in January..Its an order I got last summer that needed to be filled once egg laying and breeding started..Will be Chocolate Ancona and white Call Hens...Too Cute..15 eggs in incubator..
Too cute indeed! I love white call ducks and have been looking everywhere for them! But it seems no one in my area breeds call ducks Except for the one guy I bought from.. And he only has Grey calls sadly. I try to go to an auction every now and then but it's so far away. I try and talk with people in 4-H but still no luck. Good luck with your calls~ I heard it's a bit tricky hatching call ducks due to their small bills..

Too cute indeed! I love white call ducks and have been looking everywhere for them! But it seems no one in my area breeds call ducks Except for the one guy I bought from.. And he only has Grey calls sadly. I try to go to an auction every now and then but it's so far away. I try and talk with people in 4-H but still no luck. Good luck with your calls~ I heard it's a bit tricky hatching call ducks due to their small bills..
Not really too tricky..I have had many 100% hatch rates and the trick is too not panick or assist to soon..Hatching any Ducks is a long process because the Ducklings are lazy and like to sleep between hatching...lol

Not really too tricky..I have had many 100% hatch rates and the trick is too not panick or assist to soon..Hatching any Ducks is a long process because the Ducklings are lazy and like to sleep between hatching...lol
That's really encouraging to hear. I'll keep that in mind while hatching... Mind me asking what type of incubator you use? I've been needing to replace my old one with a better one and have been eyeing this incubator for a while now.. https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/full_view_picture_window_incubator.html

Back
Top Bottom