Finally have my homebuilt Incubator up and running

Candled all the eggs tonight and removed the non fertile. Only found 2 quitters in the whole bunch. There are 60 developing nicely, 1 with the embryo opposite the air sack, and 5 that we could not determine due to the pigmentation of the shell

Homemade one. I would like to build one of this, unfortunately I just found this picture surfing in the web. :(

That picture looks like this homemade unit: http://www.qariya.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118294.

Also found it while surfing the web... Can't make any sense of the language (even with the help of Google Translate from arabic!!), but there's a lot of pictures of the building process, parts measures, etc, etc.

Regards

Found it too... Saved all pictures.

Great process.

Did the same
big_smile.png

Another one I found interesting, and easier to make if you have access to a scroll saw to easily cut the PVC tube and all the rings, is this one:

0.jpg

Sorry for sidetracking your thread a bit, scotter... Good luck with your hatch!!

Regards

Last edited:
cut PVC rings, that is a great idea. I could easily pull that off. In fact I wish I had, the wire was a real pain to work with. Thanks for sharing your find.

vimeo_logo.png

Candled a few eggs tonight and found some very active embryos getting some exercise. The video was done in the dark with a cheap camera phone so its not the best quality. But it still very exciting.

WOW... Very little experience (2 hatches in a styro homemade incubator), but I never saw a chick kicking like that, while candling... Guess he's just mad you woke him up... Better review your candling schedule, scotter...
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Just kidding, scotter... Keep up the good work... And thanks for sharing!
thumbsup.gif

Regards

As of last night any of the lighter colored eggs that can be lit well have kicking chicks and they are a lot more defined than the one in the video I posted. It is amazing, I wish there was someway to back light and put them on display 24/7. Of course I probably wouldn't get any sleep.

Back
Top Bottom