Finish this sentence: "You know you're addicted to chickens when..."

when u let people who call u hear the cheep cheep of the 22 babies that are still lving in your living room and spare bedroom
when u r in the bathroom and u hear a danger cheep and u automatically shout to your husband to check and see what the dogs are doing to the chickens
when u come to work in the morning and announce proudly that the chicken that u rescued is now eating on her own, completely and u managed to trim her bead with a fingernail clipper and do they want to see photos?

when u base the presents u are going to give for passover (here we give presents like at christmas for nonjews) on the fresh pretty eggs that have yet to be laid (cream, white, off white, egg shell white)
I love the last one!! I got one night of chicken themed hanukkah presents, and I dressed up as a chickens for my temple's purim carnival yesterday. I'm hoping my pullets will start laying in time for passover so we can use one on the seder plate.

Last edited:
I love the last one!! I got one night of chicken themed hanukkah presents, and I dressed up as a chickens for my temple's purim carnival yesterday

u stole my idea;; i have pics in the gallery of me and hubby dressed as: me a laying hen (with easter eggs i must confess although no israelis have a clue as to the joke of me carrying them in a basket), and hubby as a thai fighitng cock (he's thai) ;the theme for the kibbutz was zoos and animals. actually had two pullets marked for the dinner plate (the shnitzels) but ive grown attached and they arent crowing yet, so they may still remain as they are. in which case i will ahve to put out $$ on a chicken for the table. (or do non kosher passover with hubby, bbq pork chops, thanx to thai workers slaughtering a pig recently..

i had up til last week 22 baby thai chicks in two bedrooms (my eldest daugher's tiny tiny off the salon sort of bedroom and my son's bedroom (which is also our sewing/closet storage and extra mattress room).

... when your coworkers in the hotel automatically put all the leftover salad greens, pastas and shakshuka (eggs) in a plastic bag takaway for 'your childrn... umm chickens'...

I love the last one!! I got one night of chicken themed hanukkah presents, and I dressed up as a chickens for my temple's purim carnival yesterday

u stole my idea;; i have pics in the gallery of me and hubby dressed as: me a laying hen (with easter eggs i must confess although no israelis have a clue as to the joke of me carrying them in a basket), and hubby as a thai fighitng cock (he's thai) ;the theme for the kibbutz was zoos and animals. actually had two pullets marked for the dinner plate (the shnitzels) but ive grown attached and they arent crowing yet, so they may still remain as they are. in which case i will ahve to put out $$ on a chicken for the table. (or do non kosher passover with hubby, bbq pork chops, thanx to thai workers slaughtering a pig recently..
that's so cool! I'm so going to look at your gallery now! My bat mitzvah is in a few months and it's going to be farm themed in honor of my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom