Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Our sweet Moose is 6 months old. He's a good boy. He's a red golden retriever. PXL_20210330_183855636.jpg

The first week we got him, he was about 9 weeks old, he pulled my son's glove off of his hand and swallowed it whole. We took him to the emergency vet who made him purge it.

He also likes to eat the floor and the wall. He has plenty of chew toys and plenty of exercise (we have a yard and we love playing with him). He is getting much, much better now. He now understands "drop" and "no" in addition to "sit" and "stay".

So, just make sure you keep small things like socks and winter gloves out of Finn's reach. I couldn't believe Moose had swallowed it whole until the vet brought it back to me and asked me if I wanted to keep it. :lau

Good idea, get a few choices, and see how he does with them. a big issue will be what he plays with and leaves whole, and what he demolishes. Many dogs, ESPECIALLY retrievers, get to have abdominal surgery because they swallow toys, or pieces of toys. Just sayin'.
Mary
Like in that episode of Fuller House (or Full House, can't remember) where Cosmo eats a corn cob and gets surgery.

Congrars! Finn is adorable!

We have found the kong squeeze balls durable both indoors and out. Chewy has the best price on them by FAR.

We call nylabones the no no bones here. Most dogs can get big chunks off them.

The twisted knotted ropes get long threads hanging off....and those can be a real hazard if swallowed.

I made several of these using 4-6" wide strips of fleece for our dogs. They are a hit here and more durable than the twisted ropes. (Cheaper too)

Good idea, get a few choices, and see how he does with them. a big issue will be what he plays with and leaves whole, and what he demolishes.
Oh yeah, that's why we're not getting a bunch of one thing (example: If he de-squeaks squeakers like our last golden, then we don't need a bunch of squeakers) and we won't leave any toys that aren't specifically meant for chewing alone with him.

Back
Top Bottom