Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Pics
So we got another bag of dog food because we finished our last one....and when we reread the bag, it turns out that we've been underfeeding him this whole time :oops:
this means that all the growing that he's been doing isn't even MAXIMUM CAPACITY growing

Ehh, often feed bags recommend WAY too much food anyway. As long as he’s at a good weight, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. It actually might be better to feed him a little less so he doesn’t grow as fast.
we were underfeeding him by like 1/2 cup a day which I think is not good
why is it bad for him to grow too fast?

So we got another bag of dog food because we finished our last one....and when we reread the bag, it turns out that we've been underfeeding him this whole time :oops:
Does the vet say he's in good condition?
Can you feel his ribs but not see them?

If so, he's fine.

Dog food bags give estimates, but different breeds and different individuals might need different amounts, even if they are the same age and weight. So the bag WILL be wrong for some dogs. Finn might be one of those dogs for whom the bag is wrong.

I totally love brushing him but I don't even know what the different brushes are for
I've done some googling and we have a slicker brush, a comb, and a de shedder loop
I've mostly been using the slicker brush and the comb on him, I've enjoyed combing his fluff around
should we get a pin brush??

Does the vet say he's in good condition?
yep
Can you feel his ribs but not see them?
You can just slightly see them but only at certain angles
If so, he's fine.

Dog food bags give estimates, but different breeds and different individuals might need different amounts, even if they are the same age and weight. So the bag WILL be wrong for some dogs. Finn might be one of those dogs for whom the bag is wrong.
Regardless, food is one aspect of the dog that I'm not in charge of at all, so I can't do much

we were underfeeding him by like 1/2 cup a day which I think is not good
why is it bad for him to grow too fast?
Half a cup isn’t much at all. I’m sure he’s fine. I’d be worried if it was like two cups or something but a half cup up or down shouldn’t hurt him especially if he seems healthy. And because it can be bad for their joints if they gain too much too fast before their joints catch up

yep

You can just slightly see them but only at certain angles

Regardless, food is one aspect of the dog that I'm not in charge of at all, so I can't do much
That’s how it’s supposed to be. Should see the last two when they’re in like a play bow or stretching or whatever but not when they’re just standing and not all of them

That’s how it’s supposed to be. Should see the last two when they’re in like a play bow or stretching or whatever but not when they’re just standing and not all of them
I wish I could figure out how to get him stacked but it would be a four person process with one person holding his harness handle, one person feeding treats and doing his head, one person doing his legs and tail, and one person taking the picture

I wish I could figure out how to get him stacked but it would be a four person process with one person holding his harness handle, one person feeding treats and doing his head, one person doing his legs and tail, and one person taking the picture
You can set the camera on the ground or something to take it with a timer or screenshot stills from a video. Also don’t take it with a harness or collar on cause then you won’t be able to see anything hahah can you get him to stand still with food? Even for a second LOL with the timer on the camera. And/or teach him a “stand” command. Very helpful LOL also, you can capture a “free stack” picture where he kind of stacks on his own or stands still for a sec, take a pic of that. Not perfect but something LOL

Back
Top Bottom