Firearms in States/Provinces/Countries where they are outlawed....

Quote:
True, we see the gang wars as a self limiting problem. We do get the occasional shoot out or string of gang or drug related shootings but they are confined to targeted attacks on membership of the problem. We don't see it as a threat to the general population and for the most part this is true here. Very seldom we have shootings that involve innocent people.

Gun control in Canada has not stopped anyone that want to from owning a gun and in fact I own many more now than I did before gun control. I use them more, transport them more, keep them with me more and do more with them, from competition to daily ranch work.

Since I live rural now and have livestock I can have a rifle by the door unlocked. Otherwise in Canada they are to be kept locked up. Paperwork to get another rifle takes maybe 2 minutes if you have your ID with you. It's faster than the till honestly. Handguns need a permit to take home and could be overnight or longer if you don't already have a permit to transport.

There is a HUGE culture difference between Canada and the USA...

I grew up with guns.. and a LOT of guns... I was shooting a 12g shot gun by the time I was 13. I was reloading shotgun shells from the time I was able to control the loader and not make a mess (about 8 years old) I was shooting competitively but the time i was 18

Do I own a gun now? nope... is there one in my home?... no....

Why?.. I really dont know.. never felt the need to have it.

In the 17 years I have been living on my own, and yes sometimes in Downtown Toronto and other times in small communities.. I have NEVER encountered a situation where I have needed a gun

(well that was until our raccoon problem but thats a different story)

Simply put I dont need it

we should have guns without permission
hmm.png

im only a teen and i can see whats happening to our nation. its no longer for the people, by the people.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Dar..just curious, whats the huge culture difference between us?
I dont know much about Canada....

BTW..i've never found myself needing a gun here either..
wink.png

(of course i still believe that we should have the right to bear arms if we choose to..)

Last edited:
Dar..just curious, whats the huge culture difference between us?

We are not totally a nanny state yet but we are getting there
wink.png

Every time a politician wants a new social program or law it is always for our own good, and "They do it up thar in Canada".

Quote:
So, just for clarification, do you mean no questions asked, no permits, no waiting period, no requirements and no restrictions?
Anyone can walk into a store, maybe show an ID, and buy any kind of firearm they want to have?

Quote:
So, just for clarification, do you mean no questions asked, no permits, no waiting period, no requirements and no restrictions?
Anyone can walk into a store, maybe show an ID, and buy any kind of firearm they want to have?

What you think criminals show an ID before they buy a gun? Well at least there would be a paper trail and maybe they wouldn't be stealing them. And it used to be that way about 50 or 60 years ago and crime was WAY LOWER than what it is today.

Punish people for committing crimes not owning objects that could be used in a crime. It's gonna get real hard to cut a steak when they get around to outlawing our knives too. Wonder what nanny laws will do with a sport of baseball when bats are outlawed. And some people wonder why there are so many stupid chicken laws.

Criminals will ALWAYS be able to get guns...

All the gun laws are doing is making it harder for HONEST folks to get guns...
Any idiot can figure that out... not sure why our govt cant...
hu.gif

Quote:
Redhen ya think it might be because a lot of people in our govt just don't care? Criminals vote too, even though they are not supposed to.
sad.png

Most criminals when asked will state they support gun control, go figure...

Quote:
I agree that criminals will always be able to get guns if they try hard enough, or they are willing to go underground to get them. However gun control has made it much harder for them to get guns. They used to be able to walk in any store and get them just like I can. Studies show that mostly that's what they did. Or they stole them, so gun control making most guns needing to be locked up is also a good thing. It is making it harder for criminals.

On the other hand it's not making it harder for me. Yes I had to get the paperwork but now that I have it that's done and I buy and sell freely.

Yes the gun registry was a huge cost and I think the way it was done was wrong and expensive. I think we could have achieved as much with so much less spent, but my thoughts in that regard are similar for most government projects.

Back
Top Bottom