Firearms

Here's my favorite, a FMJ model DD, .45 long colt/.410 double barrelled derringer.
44102_chicken_chat_228.jpg

My Heritage Rough Rider .32 mag, along with my Davis Ind. .22 mag. derringer
44102_chicken_chat_229.jpg

My FIE model E15, .22 lr pistol
44102_chicken_chat_230.jpg

Other wall hangers include, a Marlin .22 mag. rifle. with the foresight filed, so I can shoot the ***** off a gnat at 50 yards
A Rossi .410
& a 1000 fp pellet gun.
44102_chicken_chat_231.jpg

The stock is made by Blackhawk . It was a tad bit pricey, but I found it to be a worthwhile investment. There are two models of the adjustable stocks, one that is recoil reducing, and one that is not. The one that is recoil reducing is nearly double the cost. Helping control the mule kick of a 12 gauge allows people who normally couldn't handle the firearm a chance to. I grew up shooting a Remington 870 12 gauge with no such luxury, though!

Quote:
Thanks Stacykins, I bookmarked that link. I damaged my right shoulder and am recovering from surgery for A-C separation. It still hurts bad but hopefully I'll be able to shoot long guns again in a few months. Oh, and anyone who owns a match grade M1A doesn't worry about the cost of replacing a stock. LOL! The accident happened last fall before deer gun season, so I didn't even get to hunt, well except for packing one of my .44 magnums here on the place. I'm starting to get the urge to take the .22s out to my backyard pistol range and do a little practicing. Kind of cold right now out there and I have some work to do on one of my chicken coops, so it may be a while.

My favorite .22 pistol is a Browning Buckmark. I also have a Walther P22 that is shorter and carries easy. But, the Buckmark is more accurate, or I should say I'm better with it than the P22. I'm sure the P22 is accurate too. Also have several other auto-loader pistols and a few wheel guns.

Quote:
Well, you could move to a Free State, like The Great State of Alaska
wink.png

We can, and I do, CCW without a permit - you just need to be a non-criminal, over 21 and a citizen of the state and you are good to go.

Oh, and I am stocked up - very well stocked up........

My kinda thread.
smile.png
Some of my fav's

Ruger MKII, stainless with the bull barrel, .22
Ruger GP 100, Stainless, 357 mag
Ruger Super Redhawk, Stainless, 44 mag
Ruger old army, .44, black powder
Kimber, gold match II, 45 ACP ( my fav pistol)

Yes i'm a Ruger fan - the old model Rugers that were well built, don't care for what they are selling now

Rem 870, pump 12 gauge

Marlin Glenfield, 22 bolt action - coming up on 40 years old and still shoots great - my first rifle.
smile.png

Marlin 30-30
Ruger mini 14
Colt Match Target Competition HBAR
Ruger varmit/target .308
Kimber 84M, .243 - wifes rifle
Kimber 84M, 7mm-08
Springfield Armory, M1-A National Match (my fav rifle)

Steve

@sacrifice thats funny! My best friend lives outside of Fairbanks and keeps saying I dont belong in CA....Im more of an AK kinda girl. That is the truth really but I am sure I couldnt take the weather.

Quote:
I am actually from Calif. Was born and raised in North Hollywood and Burbank, but spent my summers in Utah. I am a warm weather, beach, desert type of person, and getting used to the weather in Southeast Alaska was, and still is at times, difficult. But our taxes are very low, the people are great, and we have some of the best scenery in the world. I would love to move back to Calif, but your taxes and politics
rant.gif
. Besides, most of my guns and associated magazines would be illegal in Calif - they would probably confiscate my car too
lau.gif

I could not imagine living in Fairbanks with the -40 or lower temps at times, and the dark winters. Southeast Alaska, where I am, is a more moderate, but rainy, climate. I don't think we got into the negative temps this winter.

Oh - Tell "Gov" Brown hi for me
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Me neither - I had a bunch, but had a tragic boating accident this morning on my way to work - all lost and now at the bottom of the ocean
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom