First batch of eggs ever starting today!

i went out to buy a light and i don't see any veins but the eggs are small and hard to see anything but i do see a dark shadow more like a ball but i only put them in on late friday night so i was thinking about try again in a few day to a weeks
You can see veins all the way up to lock down day if you have light eggs. Even with a flash light. If your eggs are dark, then it's hard even during the end of the first week with a good candler. But what you will see more of as the baby grows, is a dark shadow, and hopefully that shadow moving. And, you may get lucky and see a foot stick down away from it's body, do a little leg and toe show for you, pretty cute. That can happen during the second week.

nicokl, try again in 3 days, you should see something.

Hey, I was born in Kansas City Mo...a looong time ago..lol...

I got my eggs set this morning
fl.gif
Icelandics and Delawares.

I'm waiting to see if my other eggs get here today..then I will set them tomorrow. Ameauracana, blue, black, spalsh..
I want to pics of those Icelandics when they hatch..of course your delawares too.yellow babies are always darling. I haven't seen the Icelandics..
Oh wow, I just went and looked up the Icelandics..they are really pretty. They can pop out any color, right? Did I see that some have a little poofy top? Love the pretty colors of the roos!

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see if my other eggs get here today..then I will set them tomorrow. Ameauracana, blue, black, spalsh..
I want to pics of those Icelandics when they hatch..of course your delawares too.yellow babies are always darling. I haven't seen the Icelandics..
Oh wow, I just went and looked up the Icelandics..they are really pretty. They can pop out any color, right? Did I see that some have a little poofy top? Love the pretty colors of the roos!

Icelandics are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.
smile.png
None of mine have the crests or feathered legs though. My Delawares are one of my best layers. I have three empty spots in the turner so if I get any more Icelandic eggs today I plan on sticking them in there as well.

Ahh, you have your own flock of Icelandics now..do you ever sell eggs..? Maybe I'm behind the times here, and folks know you! lol..

So, here's what's going on with my eggs.

14 growing, nice veins etc
5 not sure ??
3 pretty sure are duds, they are bright yellow when I candle.

They willl be a week tomorrow. Should I toss the bright yellow ones?

So, here's what's going on with my eggs.

14 growing, nice veins etc
5 not sure ??
3 pretty sure are duds, they are bright yellow when I candle.

They willl be a week tomorrow. Should I toss the bright yellow ones?
I don't toss ones that I'm not real sure on, but if you are seeing a big difference in the 3 against the ones with veins, you can toss, but it wouldn't hurt to wait two more days to be sure sure, then you would know better with the other 5 also.

Okay, I was reading about the "egg bomb" and was a little concerned about them, especially the bright yellow ones. By what day can I be absolutely sure there is nothing in them?

Back
Top Bottom