First day outside...

lovesgliders

Songster
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
Maine
My three spoiled duckies are nearly seven weeks old, but today is their first day outside on their own in their pen (we all know those things take way longer to build than originally anticipated!). I am feeling like a horrible duck momma right now because they are screaming for me and refusing to use their shelter, even though it has begun to rain.

Should I bring them back inside?

My husband is so exasperated with me because he is afraid I will turn them into houseducks. I loved having them indoors and never rushed him on the pen because of that.

I have gone out and visited with them several times already, and they've only been out there for an hour. I just wanted to reassure them that I haven't abandoned them. They are familiar with their pen and the area as they have spent every day we have worked on it underfoot out there and testing out their new pond.

I just miss their soft little quacks by my computer desk.
hit.gif

I hear ya. I don't like letting my ducks be "lonely", but they have to get used to it sooner or later.

The first night is the worst! Gets better after that when they settle down and I become more confident that they will be "OK".

Empty nest syndrome.....
hit.gif
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom